Franklin, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Franklin Camping Reviews
Beautiful site

I stayed at campsite #11, in between a creek, the river, and a fire road. There was a ton of trash in and around the fire ring, and there were deer entrails about 10 feet from the fire ring. Besides that, the site was great. The fire road was good for searching for downed trees as fire wood and for a nice morning walk. Nice that the site was free, but I wish there were better maps available online for the sites. We got the impression there were supposed to be a lot more sites than we actually could find.

Great outdoors park for all ages!

Phenomenally awesome state park site,included amenities such as cleaning stations, restrooms, playgrounds, public beaches,& relaxing vistas to just kick back on a bench to have a picnic or just simply take in the views around the vast area the lake itself covers. The entire area especially during early summer to fallmonths is brimming with excited visitors. Locals all coming to one central location to relax& get their outdoor on whatever that may be for the visitor. The  lake includes exceptional fishing, boasting a few of PA's record holding catches, withholds deep& serene beauty,& is very easy to create memorable experiences alike. Plan a day trip or few day stay to see why so many people choosePymatuning State Park as they not to far get away destination today, you won't be disappointed that you did.

Nice quiet campground

Nice quiet campground. Lots of room, fishing lake and pool. Not a ton of activities but would recommend.

Love the campground

Beautiful facilities. Clean bathrooms. Lots of activities. Great play area for the kids!

Great stay!!!

Thank you to Jay and Kelly for a wonderful 10 day stay at their campground. So much to do in the area, hiking, waterfalls, good eats, Bear Town Rocks, beautiful forests… We loved our campsite right on the small pond that is stocked with Carp and Koi. The seasonal campers made us feel so welcome and included us in trick-or-treat, potluck and a fun dance complete with DJ. Being able to use Passport America for a couple of days helps to make it affordable. Showers were clean and hot. Nice store, laundry. This is not a fancy campground but one we’ll love to come back to!

Free first come first server primitive sites .

Sites along river rd and millstone rd south of Belltown. There is a pit toilet for the sites where river rd meets millstone creek rd. Clean up and take your trash with you when you go.

Rude owner!

Owner has no people skills! He was extreamly rude to our whole group! Plenty of other campgrounds in the area to choose from, would not recommend Kalumet at all!

Big Disappointment

Some sites require over 50' of hose and multiple power cords to reach power box due to the great amount of trees providing good shade throughout camp ground. The owner took it upon himself to correct the children and not the parents. The community had a great Halloween weekend. I will never go back or recommend this place after they way things were handled later on in the weekend with friends being evicted with 0 notice as owner was to cowardly to speak with adults over an activity that was mishandled from the beginning. Drive 10 more minutes and stay in the park. It's way nicer, and close to activities.

GREAT state park

Clean and accommodating state park on beautiful Shenango lake. Great to boat and fish.

Good time

Camped here to be close to Conneaut Lake.  Great grounds,  beautiful ponds.

Cute and Clean

Bear Run offers pull through sites for larger RV's. The pool is smaller but still enjoyable.  Tons of activities always planned on the weekend.  Family Friendly Friendly!

Awesome Time!

Campground is clean, offers many kid friendly activities, and staff is accommodating. Great time.

Super Family Friendly!

Great Place for adults and children to enjoy themselves! Plenty of activities.  Welcoming Staff!

Halloween weekends are a great time to visit!

Campers Beware! No Hospitality!!

The owner, Mark is arrogant, pompous and has 0 interest in making you feel welcomed or comfortable.  He is miserable,  and is incapable of holding an adult conversation.  He ostracized a couple of teenage girls,  who were camping with their family and trying to take part of a planned camp activity.  They girls did make a mistake, as most 16 year old children will during their lives, but Mark did not allow the parents to explain, apologize, or handle the situation. He kicked out a family of 5 at 10pm at night because he was on a power trip. Not a family friend place!

You shouldn't have to worry about being asked to leave  because your child mishandled the roles to a game…. and when you haven't been a disturbance, or haven't broke any laws.

Also, hook ups are extremely far away from sites. Very inconvenient. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Beautiful wooded site

This is a beautiful camping site.

Good stay

When we discovered that Shenango Corps of Engineers park had closed early in September, we needed to find a home right away. This met our needs very well. Despite the fact that it’s not our normal kind of camping, in the woods, it was very comfortable. It does not feel crowded, sites were grassy and all utilities worked well. Owners are very nice people and are working to continually improve this property they just acquired a couple years ago. The park is largely seasonal but has several spots for drop-in RVS and tents. Big rig accessible. We reserved for 2 nights, stayed 3 and would return. Bathrooms were clean if a bit unique with a rope and pulley system of water delivery to the shower head. I appreciate that the owners have a desire to keep prices steady but wonder if consideration might be given to some kind of a discount such as a rate for more than two days, passport America, AARP, a weekday discount, a weekly rate ….. $35 is about five dollars more per night more than we typically pay.

Back to Nature

Went there off-season which I recommend everyone do. In the Fall. Beautiful colored folage. Woke up to find I was surrounded by a huge herd of deer. Outstanding!

Nice area not very level

Its a nice place, great creek and woods. Most of the spots will require leveling blocks

unmaintenanced

the lake is beautiful  and the park is clean but the cabins or the one I was in needed maintenance badly.front porch was soft and spongy .the screened in porch had huge holes in the screens and a huge gap in the floor .the picnic table and fire pit were leaning  badly. the bedroom had a hole in the wall which should  have been a easy fix if anyone  cared. the boat rental was nice

Nice and clean campgrounds

The Campground was really nice, some spots gave you enough space to feel pretty secluded from other campers, which was nice for my partner and I.

Very hilly

Nice campground but too hilly for kids to ride bikes. Very close to Lake Arthur for fishing and kayaking.

Love it!

We love camping at Jellystone at Kozy Rest! Staff is super friendly and campground is always very clean. Tons of activities to keep the kids busy all day!!

Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, wooded and scenic

This is the place to unwind and relax. If you want to build giant bonfires and drink and party loudly until all hours of the night, this is not for you.

Camp owners live here and are extremely helpful and friendly.

Gated entrance for security; very safe area in the middle of Amish country:closest businesses are an Amish-run nursery and a fruit/vegetable stand. Shopping is about 15 minutes away and Shenango Reservoir is about 20 minutes away.

Large sites

Mostly seasonal, and about 20 others, including pull-through a.

Great for kids

Pools a big hit for kids and they have a small puttputt golf course and basketballs to play with for free along with a small playground. That being said, most of the sites are taken up by full timers. The ones that aren’t are close together or the spot is very un-level. For Spot 19 you would literally have to move the fire ring and picnic table from spot 18 out of your way. (No they didn’t take up 2 spots, they just overlap it’s so close) The bathrooms are also filthy and on the weekends kids run in and out of them to play. I have no idea why. They run in screaming chat with each other and then run back out. It’s very uncomfortable when you’re in the shower. I also tried their second set of bathrooms, but it was filled with wasps. I reported both bathrooms. But they didn’t seem very concerned and the next day only the trash had been changed. I did not go check if the wasps were gone. They also have an abundance of golf carts here. Which is fine until you’re trying to take a walk and you have to walk into someone else’s camp to get out of their way. You will do this multiple times with each small loop because people here drive them just to drive. Don’t try to leave for food in the evenings on the weekend. EVERYONE gets on their golf carts and will drive around the campground like a giant snake game. You will not escape.

Big woods feel

Long drive (almost a mile) into the campground from the main road. You follow the creek into the campground where it also meets the Clarion River. Lot of crayfish to catch in frigid cold Clear Creek and great tubing in the Clarion River. Cabins, RV and tent sites available. I’ll be honest, the tent only loop l, sites 43 and higher are not that great. Nothing flat and very difficult to find a good spot on them for a tent. But they are also the most private sites. Clear Creek State Forest is just next door and offers lots of hiking and biking trails. Farmers Inn is just outside of the campground with great food and Cooks Forest is a short drive away with go carts tubing and canoeing and kayaking.

Called it my second home

Might be 24 now but when I grew up my grandfather always brought me up here on the weekends or during the summer for a week and I always called it my second home it’s a beautiful camp for couples and family’s. Only about 15-20 mins away from the beaches. Definitely a must stay place.

Beyond the Great Outdoors

I have been camping at Moraine State Park since I was 5 years old (so about 14 years). While I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts we used the 5 Points Group Camping Area a lot. It is right next to the bike trail and has access to the lake. I have enjoyed my time at Moraine and will enjoy it every time I visit.

Closed

No longer open

Good things come in small packages!

It’s small, primative, but worth the stop. Did a quick stopover here as we were traveling through. So peaceful and beautiful. Would highly recommend it for sure!