The best YURTS camping near
Allison , PENNSYLVANIA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Allison Camping Reviews
Nice quiet park

It's a nice wooded park with asphalt roads. The sites are some what close to each other but the wooded areas between the site give you a level privacy. Our site, as well as a number of others, wasn't particularly level. I parked our trailer halfway in because if I had gone all the way back I would have never gotten level. The bath houses were spotless. There are a number of water fill stations throughout the park and 1 dump station. Do follow others as well as the parks warning about coming in on Chalkhill-Ohioplye Road. Do not follow your GPS blindly. There are number of hike in the area which is why we were there.

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

Beautiful mountain area. Lake is beautiful! Nice hiking trails.

Awesome and Quite

Spacious campsite and level with plenty of things to do. If you’re up to boating or hiking this place is for you. Restroom and shower facilities are top notch. Currently staying 4 days in an RV and couldn’t be happier.

One of the Best GAP Trail Campgrounds and Definitely the Toughest to get to

Ohiopyle Kentuck Hike/Bike Campsites are positioned directly off the trail, but only after pushing your heavily loaded bike a quarter mile up Beech Trail from the GAP Trail.

Once you are at the top, campsites are all good and its a short walk further up the campground roadway to the modern restroom/showerhouse, complete with a double sink inside to wash dishes and secure fresh water.

Amenities:

• Level campsite area to place tent
  • Picnic table
  • Fire Ring

For the same price per night for non-electric, you can travel up to the main campground area, which is what several bikepackers did, just to be close to modern conveniences.

Camping midweek brings quietness as very few sites were filled. Now this was mid-June, mid-week, during Covid-19 Sites are$23 a night.

What goes up, must come down…when you decide to head back to the GAP Trail, its back down the Beech Trail to the GAP Trail. You walk your bike and are feathering the brakes the entire 1/4 mile down.

So…before you trudge up that hill, you cross over the Yough River and visit Ohiopyle for lunch or dinner, ice cream, shop around the area or schedule a rafting trip down the river. Falls Market offered a delicious burger and fries with a fantastic root beer float. The main roadway through town is under massive construction so its a bit clogged…the noise was deafening when eating lunch at Falls Market (no fault of their own) as inside seating was prohibited.

Ohiopyle is both a GAP Trail Town and a River Town, with rafting a huge part of their economy. Sadly, we saw many small, unique businesses shuttered for good in each Trail Town along the GAP, so we did our best to spend as much as we could to help support the few still open.

Awesome area tucked into a wooded hillside.

I camped in the Hillside Loop (Dog Friendly).  Not a bad walk to the lake.  Site was reasonable leave and plenty of room for my 32 foot Motor home and car.

Best campground

Ohiopyle is an absolutely beautiful area and this campground is no doubt included in that! Sites are well maintained, facilities are clean with hot showers, and the shower houses even have a kitchen sink to wash dishes in! My site did have electrical issues but it was fixed immediately by staff once I brought it to their attention. Highly recommend!

Laurel Highland Serenity

This is a pretty little campground that's actually above the town of Ohiopyle, PA and the beautiful Youghiogheny River. It's nestled among the rhododendrons and maples. There are a few walk-in campsites that give you some additional privacy. It's a nice hike down to town, where you can find whitewater outfitters and bike rentals. The rails-to-trails path goes about 10 miles upstream to Confluence, and you can either bike both ways, or you can bike up and rent a ducky or canoe to paddle back. You're also close to Fallingwater, the legendary Frank Lloyd Wright house, but you will need reservations.

Very nice campground

I stayed in a tent site, but had friends that brought their 5th wheel camper. I had my son and nephew with and we all had a great time at both sites. I will definitely be back.