the dyrt
Water Unknown
About Nottingham Campground
Nottingham Campground is a local secret, hidden right off highway 35, centrally located with easy access to Mt. Hood and Hood River. The Hood River runs next to the campground, with most of the sites having direct access to the river. Natural landscapes are etched into this campground, making it one of the most unique, enjoyable, quiet campgrounds there is. Recreation This campground is centrally located, with easy access to the highway that travels to Mt. Hood and back to Hood River. In this upper Hood River Valley area, there are many resources for hiking, biking, fishing and exploring. Whether you set up camp and explore the areas surrounding the campground, or drive somewhere, the recreational access is limitless. Facilities There are no water, electricity or sewer hookups. Pit toilets are available for guests. Trash receptacles are placed all around the facility, making it easy to keep clean. A camp host is available during peak season to answer questions. Natural Features With the Upper Hood River running next to the campground, the nearby traffic is drowned out, and a peaceful retreat is found. Several of the campsites are right on the river, and the beautiful areas that the river has etched is fun to explore. Nearby Attractions This campground is centrally located, with easy access to the highway that travels to Mt. Hood and back to Hood River. Also, just next to the campground, is the trail head to Tamanawas Falls -- a great hike, easily enjoyed by people of all skills and ages. ADA Access: N
Sites
Drive In, Walk In
National Forest
Nottingham Campground is located in Oregon
Directions
From Portland, take I84 to Hood River. Take exit 64 to highway 35. Follow for approximately 20 miles to campground.
5 Reviews of Nottingham Campground
Favorite spot for hiking!

Nottingham is so so beautiful especially for the hiking. You e got Mt. Hood nearby and a river. The tent camping is pretty secluded. We had a spot next to the river and it was so peaceful. The rangers directed us to our campsite and gave us hiking recommendations, which was so helpful.

The toilets were clean, and well stocked. It is easy to find but still far enough away not to hear traffic. This place is pretty perfect. Definitely go on this recommended hikes because the falls were spectacular.

riverside camping

walk in friendly. fills up quick! some walk in but also reservations. riverside camping. gets very cold at night!

Campground near Mt. Hood, right on the river

What a great campground. Not too far from the Portland area. I was in spot 21 which was right on the river. The spot had room for at least 4-6 tents, with enough room to be spaced out. It was a bit cooler than the rest of the campground due to it being right on the water and almost completely in the shade. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained for being pit toilets. Firewood was sold at the camp host spot. Walking around the campground I noticed most of the spots are on/near the river with only a few walk in spots not on the River. Please note, there is no potable drinking water available at this campground so make sure to bring enough water. I would recommend this campground.

Perfect little spot

Great campground located within the Mt. Hood National Park. Honestly, any campground within this national park is worth it in my books. The views are spectacular. I couldn't get enough of the beautiful Mt. Hood. I honestly don't think many people know about this campground, so I am almost afraid to get the word out about this place and it become crowded!! There is only 21 campsites, and they are a good size and pretty private. The campground is on the East side of Mt. Hood, below Bluegrass Ridge.  One of my favorite parts about this campground is that almost all of the campsites are near the river- East Fork Hood River. Who doesn't like a river side campsite?! I love the sound of the water running at night while I am sleeping. The campsites have all the "basics." Picnic table, and fire pit/grill. Again, the campsites are pretty large and are private from the campsite next to you. I love this because you don't feel like you are right on top of each other. If you love water activities, then you will love it here. The campground itself doesn't have any "fun amenities" provided- like most places, you have to do the research beforehand and find things that you like to do. The river provides a great place to swim, fish, and raft. If you like hiking, I would highly recommend some hike nearby. Bluegrass Ridge is a great hike you can do, that provides great views! You can also do Elk Meadows hike and continue up to Gnarl Ridge if you want an extra hard hike and gorgeous views. There are some easier hikes nearby- Umbrella Falls was a good one. For a harder hike, try Lookout Mountain. This was one of my favorites, but definitely a butt and leg kicker. Overall, this was a great place to camp!! I am a huge hiker, so this campground suited me well.

Summit

This was a perfect little campsite I stayed at. I stayed here 2 days before I climbed Mt.Hood. This site was well known and the use was Moderate. This site was located on the east side of Mt.Hood.It was 14 dollar a night. They had warm showers and Drinking water. The fountain that the water came out of wasn't maintained and was really dirty so I recommend bringing Your own supply. There are 21 campsites and all of it was full at night. They are spaced pretty apart and you have your own privacy. I stayed at site 12 and it was really clean. There was a fire ring and picnic table. At night the temperature dropped into the 20's and this was in the summer. There is a river that is not too far and has running water that is cleaner than the fountain. In the daytime you can hike at bluegrass hill.