About Meditation Point Campground

Meditation Campground is a small walk-in campground on the shores of Timothy Lake. Campers should park at the Westshore Day Use area to access the campground. The rustic sites are limited to groups of six campers each. It is 4 sites and is accessible by boat, bike or hike-in only. There is a toilet there and each site is equipped with a table and fire ring.

National Forest
Hike In
No Electric Hookups
No Showers
Meditation Point Campground is located in Oregon
Directions
From Sandy, OR - travel east on Highway 26 for approximately 40 miles to Skyline Road (Rd 42). Turn right on Skyline Road, travel south 9 miles. Turn right on FS Road 57, west 2+ miles, go over Timothy Lake Dam. Turn right into the Myron Blank Westshore Dayuse Area. Go to end of parking area and park. Walk in on Timothy Lake Trail to Meditation Point.
6 Reviews of Meditation Point Campground
Dispersed, but not abundant

After I was recommended to come here by a few friends, I made the trek.

It is a beautiful site, primitive, and not a lot of space.

We decided to camp along the fire road before you get here. This turned out to be an amazing site, lots of space and a natural fire ring.

We fished, grilled up our fresh fish and swam until we were all cooked.

I brought my kayak and ended up trolling of that to make my catch.

Warning: there were a ton of bees. Mostly hidden in the ground, so just be super care… I think my sister and I each got 5 stings.

Excellent but go during the week!

Born and raised in Oregon this is always a favorite camping spot growing up. The only downside to this place is its popular! Going off season or during the week day is definitely the best way to go. Bring lots of drinking water as there is none available at sites and of course lots of firewood and good people! Perfect place for the whole family to fish, paddle board, kayak, hike, Etc… And of course see gorgeous views of Mount Hood.

Quiet place for a perfect weekend away

Although the place is a little out there, the campsites are great. We did dispersed camping and were amazed happy to find that even the dispersed sites came with a fire circle and logs. Great time!

very pretty

lots of easy access to the lake. Well maintained campgrounds. There are water faucets, not for drinking.

Great!

I ended up parking on the side of the road, and hiked in to the other side of the lake! There was a nice area that looked like someone had camped previously so I set up camp for the night there! There are many camp sites though, and they are all pretty nice, well kept, and all have bathrooms within a short walking distance. They are kind of close to one another, but everyone seemed pretty respectful. The road is actually pretty nice up there compared to most. There are also many hikes, and other lakes that are close by. Definitely hike on the PCT~

Secluded

We were able to get a spot midweek. Beautiful spot on the end of the peninsula. Easy 1.5 mile hike in.