About Hoodview
National Forest
Hoodview is located in Mt. Hood National Forest in Oregon
6 Reviews of Hoodview
Campsite was closed

We did a 1 hr detour to go to this camp, but it was closed. We were really mad as we checked on the website, recreation.gov and multiple places to book a place, but we thought one can't reserve but has to be first come first serve. They didn't state anywhere that it's closed for renovation, so we did the detour and ended up only checking out the lake

Beautiful View on Mt. Hood

Amazing view and hikes around the lake. Great for kids, dogs and adults!

One of my all time favorites!

PGE runs this park, very small & well kept. Same hosts for last several years, sadly my favorite spots are being removed for a walking trail in 2020 summer will never be the same 😔

Timothy Lake

My favorite campground to visit. The campground is well maintained even though it does get full. Book early though because it does get reserved through the summer. I wish the reservation system was done differently so you could camp there more often. https://youtu.be/aOKNZnNie0Y

Lots of fun to be had on the lake!

This is one of our favorite places. This was the fourth year we were here and we will be back again next year as well.

The campsite is clean and usually quiet. Having the same camp hosts is nice. (Poky and Tiz are great!)

Every year we seem to get a better spot and its always on the water. We like to scope out the other sites while we're there. So far #3 is my favorite. Its next to the day use and xlose to the bathroom. It was big enough for our three 6 person tents and all our other gear.

Can't wait for next year!

Lake, Trails, and a fire

My family loves Timothy Lake. i grew up camping and now I take my family. We pitch our tent, cook over the fire, hike, swim, boat and fish. The view of the mountain is amazing and the many colors the mountain can turn at sunrise and sunset is stunning. 2 hours out of Portland just past Meadows once the snow has melted, which round these parts could be late summer. We camped with snow falling in early July!