Port Jefferson , OHIO

Most Recent Port Jefferson Camping Reviews
Hidden gem

Traveling with a dog is not always easy, but I throughly enjoyed my stay. Will be back again, happy it wasn’t full of people. Wifi strong, Verizon service great, premium electric (I have 30amp and there was a hookup), no water as it’s winter meaning no bathrooms (there is a porterhouse). Clean sites and friendly folks.

Great Park

I’m a local and I love JB.  Great hiking, clean campground (and bathroom!), and close to Yellow Springs for local brews and good eats.

Great mountain bike trails for all levels, near town of Yellow Springs

The campsite is next to the 12 mile set of mountain bike trails.  It is a great mountain biking/camping getaway.  The trails are easy, so for all levels.  Nice camping for families.  There is also a very nice children's playground near the campsite.

Close to the town of Yellow Springs, Ohio.

The sites are close together and not much privacy, but convenient.

Facilities are fine and there are nice outdoor fireplaces.

The mountain bike trails are all-purpose so you can enjoy hiking them also.  They are very well-maintained.

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Indian Lake State Park Campground

Very nice campground with larger campsites. Campers varied from tents to large RV’s. Most sites are shaded with large trees and at the end of the cul de sac’s were canals that let you access the lake from the campground. Even had docks for boat campers. A very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere here. Park and restrooms were clean and the showerhouse in “B” section seemed to have been just remodeled. Some fast food and restaurants were close by with unique places like the “Tiltin Hilton” which offered a selection of sandwiches and beer. Nice large playground for the kids as well. Always seemed to have a breeze through the campsites.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

Great hiking

Wonderful trail hikes with awesome views

John Bryan

John Bryan campground conveniently located near Clifton mills gorge, Glen Helen and yellow springs. There's actually a spring that is actually known as yellow springs, the water is clear, clean and refreshing with a taste of I cut my finger in the kitchen blood. Kids run up and down green hills, ride bikes in their pajamas. Vault toliets are spacious with hand sanitizer by the doors. Some sites have trees that can be used to set up hammock camping. Fire pit rings and great access to affordable, dry, and good bundles of wood just outside the entrance to campground.

Very nice very clean

I have stayed her 20 plus times and I always leave happy. Nice staff. Clean bathhouse. And lots of fun activities.

A very well kept campground with lots of fun things to do, like hiking fishing and corn hole. I would camp here again in the future.