John Paul Hammerschmidt Lake, NORTH DAKOTA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent John Paul Hammerschmidt Lake Camping Reviews
Best Campground on Lake Ashtabula

Eggerts, sometimes called Bayshore, is my favorite place to camp on Lake Ashtabula! The campground is fairly secluded, several campsites with trees blocking the view of neighbors, and lots of shade. The swimming area is great for young kids as the water is quite shallow, excellent park too! Stop by Bayshore Resort on the otherside of the bay for breakfast!

Excellent Campground for the Family

I grew up camping along Lake Ashtabula. This is a great campground for the family; nice park, friendly campers, nice swimming area and an excellent place to watch fireworks on the 4th of July.

Great spot for an overnight stay or more.

Nice big pull thru spots. Close to I 94, but the traffic noise isn’t too bad.

Nice!

This is a pretty good spot. When we were there in June the campground was having a Halloween celebration and my daughter loved it. There’s good trails to walk and it’s generally quiet. Sites aren’t very private, but the people were nice. It seemed to be more of a “locals” campground.

Nice well kept campground

It was raining when we arrived so access road muddy! They add added some sand on areas and we had 4 wheel drive! Owner very friendly, stayed an extra day to rest on our across country trip to West Yellowstone!

Great campground and swimming area

Campground is well kept with spacious sites. Nice walking trails and great beach for swimming.

Hiking ready!

Great little campsite a little out of the way. Multiple off grid spot as well many with electric hook ups. Amazing trail for hiking. Kid friendly.

No Phone Service

Great campsites through out the park. Cell service is very limited, makes it a very quiet weekend. Nice trail and a cool bench 🤫

Great place to camp

This Army Corp campground is out favorite, there are three other Army Corp campgrounds around Lake Ashtabula but this one is the best. Spots are secluded and shaded. Beautiful beach for swimming and a nice playground to keep the kids entertained. Spots are gravel so there is no mud to deal with. They also have a great fishing pier. Only negative thing I can say is the rules are not enforced when it comes to pets on leashes, while I walking my pup, (on a leash) we had dogs run at us from two different camp sites. One was right in front of the host and nothing was said to the dog owner. It was frustrating because the rest of our stay I didn't dare walk my pup, she needed to stay at camp on her lead. This is a common problem at campgrounds I have found.

Super Clean with an Older Crowd

Maticulatly cared for campground, safe, friendly, a nice place to rest, small but pretty walking trail that the kids can bike. Mosquitoes in August.