The best WALK IN camping near
Swan Quarter , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Swan Quarter Camping Reviews
Feels like home

This campground was basically our summer home growing up! So many good memories! Had the opportunity to bring my husband and kiddos there and it was exactly like I remembered! ❤

FHU, 30/50amp and right on the beach!

BEst beach in US

Great campground if you are ready to fend off the bugs.

Can be windy and rainy.
The fresh fish in town is super for grilling.

Beach is empty (relatively.

Top notch facilities and spectacular views.

The facilities are top notch and the beach area is out of this world. Great spot for a quick get away or even longer. Get out there and enjoy the beauty that nature has to offer.

Typical beach campground

I’m use to camping in the mountains so the openness of a beach campground was not some thing I enjoyed. But that being said this was one of the nicer campsites we stayed at in the Outer Banks. It was quiet clean and very close to the beach. You could also ride your bike into town on a bike path which was very convenient. They’re doing a lot of work on the campground. The night we stayed they were going to repave the roads and they’re working on the bathrooms. The stars were amazing at night and it was very quiet unlike the other campgrounds we stayed at in the Outer Banks later on our trip. I would stay here again.

Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Nice beach access

Smaller campground which we liked, on the beach. Restrooms older but clean. Quiet at night, ocean breezes. Owner allowed us to change check in date with no penalty. Sunrise at Cape Hatteras the highlight!

RVs Only / Strict & unwelcoming

Mostly full time RVs, in a tight knit, very small/super quiet community. Its an RV community (nice RVS only) not a campground. We felt like outsiders on our own site. Strict management, always watching you, it was really an unenjoyable stay. Our site was pretty on the pond, thats why im giving 2 stars. No fires allowed. No tents allowed, and don't touch the grass! They are watching. The management had a problem with our camp van. Really can't express enough how rude management was. VERY judgemental and controlling, and if you don't fit in, they let you know. I was googling other campgrounds in the area within 5 minutes of being there. (Outer banks Campground is where we are trying next)

Beauty in the Quiet

This was my first trip to Goose Creek State Park, but it certainly won’t be the last. We stayed in the new RV campground, and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Large sites, a fire pit, and because we were there off season — very few fellow campers!

The staff was super nice, the restrooms were very clean and quite new. The trails were well maintained and well marked. Some features were closed due to Covid restrictions (the swim beach for example), but it didn’t lessen the experience at all.

OK

It's OK, typical RV park, sites close together. They don't want older RVs.

Extremely cramped & unsafe

We rolled in today for a four night stay at Ocean waves Campground. Based on the reviews we thought it would be great place. Everything went fine in check in. However when drove in, it was the tightest, most crowded campsite we’d ever seen. When we got to our site we saw that it was incredibly cramped and was a 90° back in with too many cars at adjacent sides to make it even possible to make the turn.

Additionally, our site (that was to accommodate our trailer and a tent) was a small concrete pad surrounded by grass that was under several inches of water. The electrical hook up post was in a huge puddle unsafe to navigate.

While the adjacent campers in full Trump regalia looked on, I booked a site at the adjacent KOA. Staff was grouchy at my insistence that the site would not do and was unsafe, but did refund all but one nights stay.