The best WALK IN camping near
Roanoke Rapids , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Roanoke Rapids Camping Reviews
Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Great place

The higher numbered spots are more private. Excellent place with water access and clean bathrooms

Fall Camping by the Lake

Back at Rudds Creek Recreation Area again and I have to say I just love this place. The current camp hosts are over the top. Super nice people who make you feel welcomed from the minute you arrive. They were giving g out treats for my dogs which I thought was a great gesture. Facilities are clean as always. Accessing a different shower house this trip and although it is a little smaller than the shower house in the other loop, its really nice. This campground is just nice all around. The sites are well kept and the layout of the sites were well thought out. The Army Corp. does a great job with their campgrounds.

Be prepared to level your camper

1st time at Lake Gaston Americamps campground. The staff is awesome. Everyone was helpful, polite, friendly and made you feel welcomed. Need firewood, no problem. The fee is only $5 / bundle, which is below average for this area, and they will deliver it to your site. Have trash, simply place your bag by your site and they will pick it up. The bathhouse is very nice. Large showers, and clean. The swimming pool is great. Mini-golf, playground for the kids and lots of planned activities. Really enjoyed the stay here. Now for the complaints: most sites are 30 amp and are unlevel. Some are a challenge to get your unit level. That's it, the rest was all good.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Camping by the lake

This is a great campground. Sites are laid out really well and are spaced to provide you with 'your own personal space'. Bath houses are well maintained. The park is clean. The exception to this is people putting old rugs or carpet around the shore where the park their boats. The roads within the campground offer a great walking experience as well as bicycle riding opportunity. Lots of kids riding bikes. There is a nice day use area across the road with a nice swimming area. There is also a swimming beach within the campground. Nice boating access to the lake. Love this campground and have for 40+ years.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.

Great Family Campground

Camped at site 91. Close to restrooms and walkable distance to showers. Beach area is clean and they provide a few life vest. Playground by showers is handy with kids. Shaded and clean sites. Highly recommend.

A family tradition

This place is such a great time! 🥳🙌🏼 the sites are well distanced, if you just want to be in nature this is the perfect place! 😍 It’s been a family tradition in my husbands family to go every year, and we look forward to it every year! ☺️

Very nice campground

Stayed here twice, once in a tent and once in our camper. The bathrooms are very clean and the sites are very roomy. My kids enjoyed the playground and the site we had both times were right beside the lake so we swam and fished alot. There was always a park ranger around so anything we needed was taken care of and we felt safe at night as they patrolled the grounds often. A very nice campground with low prices! We are going back this summer!