The best WALK IN camping near
Dundarrach , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Dundarrach Camping Reviews
Rustic farm campground

The owners of the property, Lisa and Brian, were helpful and accommodating! It rained most of that week, and during the day I was there. They offered alternative sites for my tent, one of which had a protective overhang. I would have stayed in the back near the treeline, but because of all the rain I ended up staying at the front of the property (near the rv area which had higher ground).

The campground restroom was really nice, has air conditioning, heating, and a clean private shower. There is also a washer, a microwave and even wifi in there.

If you have a family with small children, they will love the horses, chickens, guinea hens, and the couple of friendly cats and dogs that they own.

These folks are awesome people and I will definitely camp there in the spring.

Off season gem!

Didn’t have any expectations of this place since it’s in the middle of nowhere and not many photos. We loved it here. We were lucky enough to catch a great view of Jupiter merging with Saturn last night. Super cheap. We stayed four nights for under $100. 30/50 hookups and water. No sewer but very close dump station in campground. Primitive camping area for tents too. Pull through sites and back in. Spacious sites that feel nicely private surrounded by evergreens which is a nice relief in winter to see trees with leaves. The lake is beautiful. Awesome walking trail that takes you to the other side of the lake where there is a playground. Lots of swings and benches and picnic tables around. Barely anyone here in December, so it feels so nice to be out of our house but not needing masks constantly. When it isn’t off season they have cheap boat rentals. Firewood is $6.50 per bundle.

Beautiful, accommodating farm. Perfect place.

This was our very first night in our RV and Brian and Lisa could not have been more hospitable and kind. We were two hours later than expected and they waited up for us late into the night to show us the ropes. In the morning Brian took our two year old on a tour of their amazing farm — horses, cows, ducks, chickens, and all the tractors of our toddlers’ dreams … we felt like houseguests of old friends. The long term residents, many of whom are seasonal workers, were also so friendly. We were just there for one night but it felt like a real community in a beautiful part of the world and not too far from the highway. Highly recommend!!

Quite and Clean...

This is the nicest and cleanest RV park in the entire area. I know, because I actually visited all the others to get a comparison. I have a 43' 5th wheel and was assigned to spot 17, a pull through site. Length wise I fit with room to spare. However I am 13'6" in hight and there is a cable/power line over this site and site 16 that hangs a bit too low and my AC unit got aquatinted with it. I informed the staff, Hana and she and her brother came to assess the situation. Site 16 was apparently already booked so I could not move there so we decided to just stay where I was and when ready to leave, the would help me by one of them going on my roof with a piece of wood to hold the lines up a few inches so I call get out. This park is family owned and run, and they are all so nice and accommodating.(10 children). The landscaping is done so well and meticulously maintained. Well done! To see a video of this place and also see a video of us getting out of spot 17, go to www.MyBucketListDay.com So if you have a Big Rig at 13'6" I would suggest site 16. You'll fit fine(Length and Hight) and be right on the river.(Video will be posted sometime after 9/15/20)

New sites available

We made this a stop on our way home from Florida. We were pleased to have been offered a pull through site upgrade for $1.32. That’s right, $1.32. Nice sites for a quick trip or a couple nights.

Camped here many times

Always brings back memories.

TIGHT

Wow! Road to campground is horrible! Very narrow, trees hanging over it, dirt, but huge holes! Obviously needs to be graded. We booked a pull thru per map, but was not. Had to change to site 29. Loose dirt but fairly level. Very quiet and Lake Horton near us. Hosts very friendly. We were in a 38 foot coach.

Phenomenal experience

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Wonderful and Serene Campground

This is a beautiful, family owned campground. Grounds are impeccable and well maintained, customer service was above and beyond. There really isn’t a bad site in the place. Only downside- it’s off a main highway and we did hear a good amount of traffic noise throughout our stay.