The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Cinnamon Ridge , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Cinnamon Ridge Camping Reviews
Nice views but....

We stayed in July 2019. For a NC state park, some of the sites are a little close to each other. It is well known that NC parks do not allow alcohol, so we did not bring any.

The camp host was a little insulting with how they kept on checking on us over and over and over and reminding us that we can't drink. We weren't even playing music or making noise. And we weren't drinking. It was just the two of us, and we are experienced campers, so… We know better.

I'd go back and give it another try,but having to insist that we weren't breaking rules… I felt like a kid in Catholic school all over again and frankly, I do not go camping with the goal of re-living that.

Zoo land was amazing

I have stayed here twice now and still love this campground. We explored the creek and walking path. The kids loved the jumping pillow.

Decent Stay

We stayed with family and reserved a cabin. Our two family members reserved two RV sites.

The cabins were wonderful and I would highly recommend them BUT… there is no late check in, and we were not warned of that at all, so when we got in at 10pm no key was left for us to get into our cabin. We had to spend the night in my dad's RV on one of the foldouts- if he wasnt there; who knows where we would have stayed.

I do not really recommend the RV sites, I didnt like the way they had the waste lines set up, and i kept smelling raw sewage.

Once we were IN our cabin, I must say- it was one of the nicest cabins out there and the whole family hung out with is at our cabin site since it had more privacy, didnt have a sewage smell and then was right next to the lake/pond. We also rented a canoe and had fun canoeing around the pond/lake

Great Place for a Short Weekend Getaway!

Pros: • Most of the B sites are in a nice wooded setting. • There’s plenty of trails to walk during the day. • Very quiet even though the sites are pretty close together. • There’s a Food Lion and Gas Station 10 minutes away if you forget anything. • Clean bathhouses with hot water.

Cons: • Our site (B20) was reaaally uneven but we made it work for 2 tents! • If you tent camp in the B lot, the bathhouse is a bit of a walk. • You have to bring your own firewood or buy it ($5 a bundle) - gathering firewood from the woods is not allowed. • Water is shared between sites.

Beautiful park, nice campground, sites a little tight

We spent three nights at Hagan Stone

The pros - the park itself is BEAUTIFUL.  In fact, it is one of the nicest city parks we have ever visited.   Staff were friendly. And the grounds and facilities were well maintained.

The cons - we stayed in loop C which is basically an open field.  That was fine but the sites are very close together.  Also, there is one water connection for each two sites so would advise bringing a splitter.

Loop C also did not have fire pits and ground fires were not allowed so if staying in this section, you should bring a raised fire pit.

Loop B did appear to have fire pits had very few sites that would hold a rig of our size (39’ Travel Trailer) and would be very difficult to navigate.

Can’t Go Wrong!!

This was my first trip in my newly converted van, and it was more than I had hoped. Amazing views, clean bathrooms, hot showers, quiet neighbors, and a welcoming owner!! I have no complaints! If you’re in the area, definitely check it out. I would say it’s the best view of the mountain there is. Can’t say enough how great it was. Will definitely return!

Friendliest and Nicest

My husband and I did a South East Tour this winter and stayed at 12 RV Parks. The folks at River Walk RV were the most accommodating pleasant people we ran in to. The  "Welcome Bag" was a nice touch and very appreciated. No other park offered such a nice token.

The campground itself was not finished, however the potential and direction they are going in is spot on. There is a nice walking path along the river. It sits down at the base of some rugged hills and gives it a private feel. Deer came right up to our camper and my husband saw them while walking our dog.

The rate was average, but we were there in the off season.  The only reason I scored it a "4" is because it wasn't completed. However, my husband and I will definitely be back! Great Place! Nice host and hostess!

Loved it here!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent four nights. Loved this campground. Small, quiet, great mountain biking trails that you can ride to from the campground. No direct water hook-up, which was a bit surprising for the cost. But you can get water there. Great dog walking areas.

Cozy Campsite for Tent Campers and Small Trailers

We spent one night at Hanging Rock State Park on our way home to West Virginia from South Carolina. Unfortunately, lack of time and rain kept us from taking advantage of the myriad of trails to explore in the park. After our arrival on Saturday afternoon, we had enough time to hike to the top of the overlook and enjoy the scenic views before returning to our campsite for dinner. Sadly, Mother Nature thought we needed some rain, which continued all evening into the next day.

While the sites in the campground can accommodate small RV's or trailers, they aren't easy to get into. Many of the parking areas in the sites aren't diagonal to the roadway, which makes backing in difficult. It is evident this campsite was designed primarily for tent camping.

The views from the overlook are spectacular but the hike was a bit more strenuous than anticipated. The sign at the visitor center parking lot says it is 1.3 miles but it seems much further. The path is wide and well maintained up to the base of the overlook. Beyond that much of the ground has been washed out around the rock steps, which can be a bit difficult to navigate. Especially for those with shorter legs.

The bathrooms were clean and well kept but we ran out of hot water late in the evening, which was likely due to campers showering after a recent rainstorm.

Overall the park and campground are nice but the sites aren't very accommodating for travel trailers. Even one as small as ours, which is only about 10' long. The views from the overlook were the best part of the experience.

Great view

Campground is a good size and the trail is challenging but short. I visit mostly for the views at the top. It's a beautiful spot to look out and see Winston Salem! It is a good area for family camping.