Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 30 ft.
Catskill/Kenneth L Wilson Campground is located in New York
14 Reviews of Catskill/Kenneth L Wilson Campground
Clean and Spacious

Large campground! We camped during COVID a couple of weeks ago and the staff were not there to check us in upon arrival. It seemed they left early which also meant we couldn’t buy wood from them but it all worked out. The grounds were quiet with enough space between sites. The other campers were friendly and everyone kept to themselves. We had a great time. The booking website is pretty painful to use. Our site was nice and flat also. Water spout was great and they were all over.

Busy but Private

We had a 3-day weekend tent camping at This site from July 24-26 2020, at site 58 on Loop C. It was almost completely full that weekend, with a bit of coming and going. Campsites are fairly close together with a variety of levels of privacy. Ours allowed you to be pretty far back from the road for more privacy, but some of the other sites were literally next to the road.

Campsite is flat and packed dirt instead of gravel, which was great. There's a standard picnic table and a decent raised fire pit, and a spigot at our site. Bathrooms were a bit of a hike, but they were clean and had plenty of signage advising people during the pandemic. The park staff were keeping things really clean as well.

Check-in was easy, if you bring a pet make sure you have your paperwork with you, they do actually look at it.

Nice place to stay

They have decent size sites, a lot were very private some more open. I have nothing bad to say. Restrooms and showers were clean, Rangers were pleasant to deal with and on top of everything, Bears were seen in the park and they noticed I had left food unattended ( I was walking to get a sponge from a friend at a neighboring site) and stopped to me it inquire. We camped in September and the campground was pretty empty = nice and peaceful!!! wish I had taken more photos.

Best Small Camping in Catskills

KENNETH was a smaller campground that felt perfect for us. Private sites (not all, but many), clean bathrooms & showers and very friendly staff. There is no swimming currently on the lakes, but you can rent canoes/kayaks to fish or paddle around. The views from the day-use area is fantastic. We camped there for 4 nights a few weeks ago and we enjoyed all aspects.

Inside the park are four very easy hiking trails all around 1 mile in length. All of them were pleasant trips, especially the nature trail and blue trail. As you walk along the trails you constantly see or pass over the old rock walls that can be found throughout the Catskills.

Weekdays, the park was at a low capacity, weekends definitely picked up, but it was still very quiet and never loud beyond 10pm. Great place to visit and we shall definitely return.

Wonderfully wooded sites

We stayed here in 2014 with a seven friends and family.  We had four sites - 26, 27, 28, 29.  It was the first time in my life I was handed a bear waiver that needed my signature upon check in, but we weren't deterred.

Although, we did not encounter any wild animals during our four day stay, I did see bear scat in several locations.  We followed the rules, and kept all food and scented items in the car when not in use and utilized the very convenient wash sink behind the recycle/trash building.

The sites were beautiful and spacious, the others around us seemed a too close for comfort but these four sites were spaced out very well.

The fire pits were amazing, the temperatures dropped on our last night and the heat radiated off the concrete encasement wonderfully.

Great State Campground

Great state campground near Woodstock,NY. Pull in sites for car camping. Clean bathroom facilities with showers and outdoor cleaning stations for dishes and stuff. Been here twice would go back if in the area.

Got chased off by a bear

It was the wildest weekend I ever had, I'm not being sarcastic. The hiking areas are great, the weather is perfect and the bear was very nice for a bear. Pictured below is my partner with A Friend.

Beautiful wooded dog friendly camping!

Just a stone's throw from NYC, this state campground has lots of wooded sites. Easily accessible, with fire pits,, picnic tables and great hiking.

Large and wooded!

Large and heavily wooded! Enjoyed our stay even on a busy weekend. They have a lake on site with swimming. We happened to spend the weekend on a day with free canoe/kayak rentals which was great! We had a great time and definitely seemed family friendly. Great price and lots of good hiking near!

Lots of fun

The campsite was great. Big and going after Labor Day means there was tons of space. Well priced. We did have neighbors that had a trailer and used their generator early in the morning and late at night. Beside that it was fantastic. We had planned on driving to hiking but there was so much to do around the camp site we just walked around and did the hiking near by. The dog park is wonderful. Our dog loved it.