The best BOAT IN camping near
Perrysburg , NEW YORK

Most Recent Perrysburg Camping Reviews
Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Perfect getaway. A true oasis.

I love this place! Site 61, a walk-in site…complete sleeper along the water. Highly recommend!

Great little layover

We arrived late and our site info was in the night drop so all good. It is right off the roadway so there is some road noise. However it is a heavily populated area and we just needed a layover place to base out of for our quick visit to Niagara falls. We left the RV at the KOA and drove 15-20min to the falls. We timed our visit well the park was pretty empty in mid-October but the weather was still nice. Would recommend this koa for visitors to Niagara.

Weekend away from it all

We have camped at this campground a couple times now and have enjoyed each time. The restrooms are decent. There is a boat launch. The sites are maintained well. They also allow “vicious” breeds, we have a rottie mix and it can be a hassle trying to find campgrounds that allow her in. You are literally in the mountains and it is so peaceful! There is no cell service so you really get to be away from all the hustle for a weekend.

Great site... poor check-in

We stayed at site 109 and loved our time at the campground. Our site was across from the bathroom and wasn’t as private as some of the others but we were rewarded with an amazing view. We stayed October 2020 so a little offseason and that may have been part of our check-in issues. When we arrived at Cain Hollow registration we were greeted with a closed sign and directed to Quaker rental 3 miles up road 3. With no map and no cell service this was tough to find in the dark. We actually drove by it once early in our search because it was closed which we discovered after we finally agreed it must be the place. After wasting over an hour we drove to service and called the park police who were able to help us. Overall we loved the park and the hikes around.

Another Great Option to Stay in ANF for Exploring

Second time visiting ANF area, this campground is equally as nice as DewDrop! Sites are spacious and separate from neighbors! Plenty of space for 2 tents! And everything including the restrooms are clean!

Fun little playground nearby too!

Also to note, we did not make reservations, but were able to drive through and pick open site we liked the most!

The front gate workers were kind and informative with giving advice on how to best explore the area! Including visiting Kinzua Bridge and the Zippo Lighter Museum!

Overall, would camp here again!

Clean, Beautiful, and Close to Adventure

Thoroughly enjoyed this as one of my first official camping experiences! The site was spacious and was not close to other campers giving a feeling of secludedness and alone time in nature! Could easily walk to a nearby trail and down to the lake front! Some sites even had access to trails that went to the water!

Coming from out of state, even though I am an avid nature explorer, I had never thought twice about encountering bears, I even naively left granola bars in my hiking pack in my tent at night. AND I now will not do that, luckily no bears came for a nighttime snack, but a mom and two cubs ran directly through our camp while having breakfast one morning. Only 10 foot away when the mom stopped to size up our threat level. They proceeded on without problem as we were no threat to her frolicking cubs, but bears are very much a real phenomenon in this campground!

The only negative part about the experience is there was no site to wash dishes and we were yelled at, actually yelled at when letting "dish" water run onto the ground (not at the water spout), we were not using soap, just rinsing some stickiness off before packing away, but this is not even allowed at the campground, I may just be new to camping, but I found it odd to get such a scolding when there were seemingly no other options unless you carry your used rinse water out with you.

Overall, definitely plan on visiting again!

Quiet nights, Easy days

Willow bay campground is run by the National Forest Service. The reservable lots are wide and numerous for a out of the way sight. The campground services tent sites, RV sites as well as small cabins with electricity. There is a central bathhouse near the oak loop. Closer to the boat ramp sites- most of which are tent ready, there are vault toilets. These sites are less than a mile from the North Country Trail. Other, smaller trails are here as well. The New York State lone is less than five miles away- providing access to Allegheny State Park. The closest town of note is Bradford, which is about 18 miles away. It has all you need to get your necessities. The cabins were small- one twin bed and a set of single bunks. You need to bring your own sheets. There is a small heater imbedded in the wall. It keeps things from getting too cold, as it was when I was there. Fire ring and picnic table provided. Charcoal grill as well. The only problem I had was with the wildlife. A mouse or something kep crawling in the space between the roof and ceiling. There is no cel service here, and you shouldn’t need it either. Places to visit are too numerous to mention, but I will give a shout out to the zippo case museum, absolutely a must.

Beautiful cant wait to go back.

The campgrounds are beautiful and well maintained. They have plenty of options to keep busy and amazing hiking trails nearby.

Willow Yay!

Surprised! First of all, the Hemlock loop has literally zero Verizon coverage. If you walk up to the entrance of the loop, you’ll get 2 bars. We’re staying at Willow Bay again in a few weeks, but in the Aspen Loop. We already drove by our future campsite and it registered 3 bars. Back to the review. We stayed at Hemlock #56. The fresh water spigot was at the end of our driveway, which is on a slight incline. A couple of extra tongue blocks would’ve been useful since the site slopes in the front and at the back. The site was surrounded by 20-25’ of woods, so a lot of privacy. We ran low on fresh water, so a 75’ hose was long enough to reach the fresh water spigot. The other campers used the spigot, but they toted water carriers. Electric was 50 & 30A. Nothing disappointing, just very quiet and private. The host had ice and firewood for sale. There were no sewer hookups at the sites, but if need fresh water, fill up at one of the spigots before you park. Also, my wife said the showers in the Hemlock look we’re VERY nice and clean. We saw the cleaning crew go in there a couple times a day to keep it up. The Reservoir is a very short drive away and our walkie talkies reach back to our campsite. Definitely worth a future visit.