Ellicottville , NEW YORK

Most Recent Ellicottville Camping Reviews
Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Gorgeous park, decent camping

This park is absolutely breathtaking and is one of my absolute favorite places on the east coast. The camping is all right; it's mixed tent and rv, but the cabins are great and they're a pretty good deal. Many feature heating and are available even in colder months. Camping isn't too expensive and the facilities are well-maintained.

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to remember that for future hunting seasons.

AWESOME Campground and owners

By far the best campground we have ever stayed at.  Had an awesome time for both Halloween weekends.  Owners make you feel like family.  Can't wait for the spray pad to open in 2021

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away with a dollar general across the street. The site seeing is second to none. The forest is enchanting. To get here, take Hwy 6 just east of Warren. Turn left on Kinzua road. Go about 8 miles. Stop at the Kinzua dam about 5 miles in. Turn right. Go about a mile and a half, turn right towards Jakes Rocks. When you come to a T, turn left (Jakes Rocks turn right). Start looking for a site. The last site on SF 160 has weekend partiers. They knock off at 11pm and are far enough away from the next site that they aren’t a nuisance. I know, I stayed there a week. Once set up, make sure you hike and drive back to Jakes Rocks. Beautiful views and drive.

Weekend away from it all

We have camped at this campground a couple times now and have enjoyed each time. The restrooms are decent. There is a boat launch. The sites are maintained well. They also allow “vicious” breeds, we have a rottie mix and it can be a hassle trying to find campgrounds that allow her in. You are literally in the mountains and it is so peaceful! There is no cell service so you really get to be away from all the hustle for a weekend.

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent

WOW! Would stay here again.

Letchworth SP, the Grand Canyon of the East. No kidding! WOW, trail #1 was the connector trail between lower, middle and upper falls. It parallels the road with lots of overlooks. But still a lovely walk.  There were plenty of other trails elsewhere in the park. This park is rather large, but beautiful. Our campsite was loop 700, #717, in the dog friendly area. Plenty of privacy between campsites, electric plug ins, with potable water accessible every 3 sites .  Beautiful setting. Campstore had plenty of wood. Enough connectivity for texts and calls.

Great site... poor check-in

We stayed at site 109 and loved our time at the campground. Our site was across from the bathroom and wasn’t as private as some of the others but we were rewarded with an amazing view. We stayed October 2020 so a little offseason and that may have been part of our check-in issues. When we arrived at Cain Hollow registration we were greeted with a closed sign and directed to Quaker rental 3 miles up road 3. With no map and no cell service this was tough to find in the dark. We actually drove by it once early in our search because it was closed which we discovered after we finally agreed it must be the place. After wasting over an hour we drove to service and called the park police who were able to help us. Overall we loved the park and the hikes around.

Incredible mornings

Place was incredible! I drove out from Wisconsin and was the only on there. Threw up the tentsile tent over looking the pond on the south side. What a wonderful way to wake up..

⚠️Side note TAKE WEST ALMOND road as the other road is blocked off⚠️