The best BOAT IN camping near
Deer Run , NEW YORK

Most Recent Deer Run Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

Great camping spot

We used this as a base camp for doing some day hikes nearby. Bathrooms were clean, it was pretty quiet, and most of the sites were separated by 10-20 feet of trees. The sites are not big, but easily fit 2 cars, 2 tents, and still had plenty of room around the fire ring. The lake was also a great place to cool off after a hike.

Decent camping!

Pretty standard Adirondack camping. Didn’t get to camp at the actual sites themselves because it was a bit late in the season but I found a pull off on the same road and was able to have a little fire on the beach and crash in the van just fine. Pretty close to a road but not a busy one at all.

Geared toward seasonal campers.

Don't get me wrong it is a very nice place.  We had a nice spot on the lake and were able to fish from our spot.  Which I heard will be given up to more seasonal sites.  I was hoping to be able to use the bathrooms and showers since I broke my foot and in awalking boot and using a shower chair.  But not only were they yuk there were absolutely no handicap stalls in the closest bathroom and I'm (newly) in a walking boot and needed a hand rail (more than I realized I did even since the toilets are those that are tiny and sit close to the ground).  2 other restrooms I tried to access were not at all accessible.  Facilities were not terribly ADA friendly!  For the $$ they could do more for their facilities.  I didn't get to experience the store or anywhere else due to COVID.

Perfection.

I wish I could pick up this campground and take it with us. We had Site 01, a very spacious riverside site with water and electric. There were sites in either side of us, but far enough away to feel private. Across from our site is a large open field with a volleyball net and playground. They even have a fenced in dog area where dogs can go off leash. The owners were extremely helpful and wonderful people. Will definitely be back!

Peaceful and Serene

My family has came up every summer for as long as I can remember. I now take my children and will start taking the grandkids this coming 2021 Summer. The staff and Ranger John are wonderful. I love the area and hiking as well as the beach. Its always peaceful and well kept. I never had a bad experience!!

Secluded and Beautiful

We are not kayakers ourselves, but this place is definitely great for those who love to paddle, and for hikers and people wanting some quiet. There are a lot of options here, there are over 200 sites, scattered around Lewey and Indian Lakes. Some are crude and just off the highway, and some are palatial and able to take pretty large RVs.

At the time of our visit in September 2020, all of the lakeside sites were taken, but we picked a site that is right along Sucker Brook. The sites 205-174 are all along the brook and the sound at night is really relaxing for sleeping.

Most of the campsites along are loop were great, nice and level. Ours was pretty well shaded, which would be really great for the summer, but we had a little bit chillier than normal temperatures, so things would start getting cold around 4PM.

Now, this is a bear area (we didn't see any) but I have to emphasize that you HAVE to keep all your food covered in a sealed container. We didn't have a sealed container for our dry goods, which in the past has been fine just leaving it in the car, but we ended up with a fleet of mice making merry with some of our food (and snacks) which we ended up having to throw out.

The day use area has a nice sandy beach and a boat launch, and many of the lakeside sites, you can just launch your kayak or canoe right there.

We didn't use the showers while we were there, but they are single occupancy closet type. There's also a unisex, single occupancy toilet in the building in addition to the restrooms, which is really good for covid-era privacy. Not everyone adheres to mask rules, so having a place where you can be undisturbed without feeling stressed is welcome.

Staff is really nice and friendly, and it's about a 15-minute drive to either Speculator or Indian Lake (we liked Speculator more,) where there's gas, a couple of stores, a gas station, and a really cool little nature trail that takes you around a typical marsh area/cranberry bog. There are also a number of restaurants and cafes.

We'll definitely be coming back here!

Great spot in Lake George

This was our second trip to King Philip's Campground. Big resort with tons of seasonal sites and residents. A small pool, and lots of activities for guests. Sites have full hookups including cable tv. Getting the right site here is key. Some have room, privacy, and trees. Others are close together, and out in the open. Great access to Lake George area, just outside of town, which can be nice given all the activities in town.