Busti , NEW YORK

Most Recent Busti Camping Reviews
Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to remember that for future hunting seasons.

Best Hike-In Camp in PA

Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in areas along the Gerard Hiking Trail, in the Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is made up of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The Adirondack shelters are perfectly positioned to be private from one another, each looks out over the forest. They are a raised timber platform with a slanted roof and stone chimney with fireplace. There are two shelves and several hooks on the wall. Each shelter has a picnic table. The platform is large enough to sleep 4 people in sleeping bags or set up a two person tent.

The tent section is cleared and grassy with communal firepit and picnic table. Lots of trees to enable hammock set up. There is a supply of firewood in a covered shed for a small donation and two(2) drop toilets. Water is available in the summer months. The shelters are approx. 15min walk to the creek& Miller Farm Bridge, which joins the Oil Creek State Park trail. It’s a stunning walk with lots of small swimming spots along the way.

The shelters are approx. 10min drive from Titusville, PA. The walk-in from the carpark is approx. 15min– slight downhill on the way in.

AWESOME Campground and owners

By far the best campground we have ever stayed at.  Had an awesome time for both Halloween weekends.  Owners make you feel like family.  Can't wait for the spray pad to open in 2021

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away with a dollar general across the street. The site seeing is second to none. The forest is enchanting. To get here, take Hwy 6 just east of Warren. Turn left on Kinzua road. Go about 8 miles. Stop at the Kinzua dam about 5 miles in. Turn right. Go about a mile and a half, turn right towards Jakes Rocks. When you come to a T, turn left (Jakes Rocks turn right). Start looking for a site. The last site on SF 160 has weekend partiers. They knock off at 11pm and are far enough away from the next site that they aren’t a nuisance. I know, I stayed there a week. Once set up, make sure you hike and drive back to Jakes Rocks. Beautiful views and drive.

Weekend away from it all

We have camped at this campground a couple times now and have enjoyed each time. The restrooms are decent. There is a boat launch. The sites are maintained well. They also allow “vicious” breeds, we have a rottie mix and it can be a hassle trying to find campgrounds that allow her in. You are literally in the mountains and it is so peaceful! There is no cell service so you really get to be away from all the hustle for a weekend.

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent

Great site... poor check-in

We stayed at site 109 and loved our time at the campground. Our site was across from the bathroom and wasn’t as private as some of the others but we were rewarded with an amazing view. We stayed October 2020 so a little offseason and that may have been part of our check-in issues. When we arrived at Cain Hollow registration we were greeted with a closed sign and directed to Quaker rental 3 miles up road 3. With no map and no cell service this was tough to find in the dark. We actually drove by it once early in our search because it was closed which we discovered after we finally agreed it must be the place. After wasting over an hour we drove to service and called the park police who were able to help us. Overall we loved the park and the hikes around.

Big Woods!

If your looking for no frills camping in the forest, this is the place! Couple full hookup sites, some electric but most are rustic, great tent sites! No playgrounds etc, just camping in the woods!

Amazing park

Upon entering the park it was a 20 minute drive to our site. Our site was perfect wooded, gravel pad, water spigot across the street, bear proof box (a first for us). Great trails a lot of them, we hit 2, we will be back.
My only complaint the park service asks you not to transport fire wood. We understand why, my problem is when you get to the park the small bundles way over priced 35$ lasted for a night. The next day we found camp wood 32”x60” rack for 15$ that lasted us 2 days. Buy firewood outside the park save yourself some cash.