Ballston Spa, NEW YORK

Camping New York Ballston Spa

Most Recent Ballston Spa Camping Reviews
Convenient yet remote

Nice campground with decent amenities. Pay showers so save your quarters. Nice lake for canoeing with trails from the camping area. Family friendly with semi private sites. A little road noise from nearby highway but it quiets down for a good night's rest.

Rustic and Quaint

This tiny campsite is one of 3 DEC run campgrounds on the western shore of Pesico Lake.  It's a small facillity with small sites, but the staff was very friendly and willing to help.  There are only vault toilets, but they seemed well maintained and didn't smell bad for being what they were.  Technically there are showers and a RV dump available to the campground, but a mile up the road at Little Sand Campgrounds.  The roads are beat up, but I'm sure the State doesn't look to put a lot of money into a small Campground like this.  Honestly I like it that way, as it keeps it quiet.  The big selling point here is that it has a boat launch and a beach on a beautiful lake in the Adirondacks.  If you want to quietly get away and don't need a lot of amenities to keep you happy, this is a great place.

Highly Recommend

Grateful to have found this location and stayed here! Rich was a very accommodating and friendly host, making sure we had everything we needed and providing us with all the extras to make our stay that much better. Loved staying up by the pond and exploring all the old relics around the area. Our spot was peaceful and quite. You’ll fall asleep to the sounds of bull frogs, oh and the star gazing is pretty darn nice as well! Rich is happy to share information about local swimming/hiking spots, which there are many of close by. The experience staying here far beats any “traditional” campground. Will be back!

Love this place!

Small, mostly wooded, quiet campground. Facilities were spotless. The owners are so nice and welcoming. Great river for tubing or hanging out in the swimming hole.

We there last month tent camping. Headed back with the camper next week!

This campground I sc now called Mt. Greylock campsite park.

Fair campground that was a little overwhelmed I think. Decent sites with water and power for all. Two restrooms seemed to be adequate. I didn't use any of the onsite entertainment but it does have it. Friendly owners that are accommodating.

Very pleasant, easy going and many rabbits

Stayed 3 nights with 2 buddies.  We had 2 tents set up on the ground (2 man and 6 man capacity tents) and a third specialty tent in the bed my buddy's pick-up truck.  Plenty of room for a pop-up canopy over the picnic table and my car with its own attached awning.  We had a third car parked just off the roadway and we were never asked to move it to the parking area since there is usually a 2 car limit (my friend is lazy like that).

Weather was warm, so we were mostly trying our best to stay cool.  Unfortunately, I did not take full advantage of the park's amenities.  I did some light biking, walking around and mostly relaxing at the campsite.  The electricity and running water work 100%, the campsite was cleared and clean.  The picnic table was very new and stable.  Ice and firewood were delivered at our request at a decent price.  best of all, this campsite had the cleanest bathrooms and shower facilities of any place I have ever been.  Only one of my friends had trouble with his shower as the water stopped running and he could not completely rinse off.  There must have been some momentary problem with the plumbing.  I know it was fixed quickly and everything was running once again.

Not a lot of tents, mostly RV's.  All my neighbors were quiet and in bed around 9p.  Unfortunately, my group of three like to stay up late so I hope our talking didn't interfere with our neighbor's ability to sleep.  No one complained, so I am assuming we kept it down low enough. Pet friendly, though we didn't bring ours.

I recommend this place for families, though the age group observed there were mostly late 30's, 40's and 50's.  Not too many kids.  Many "exotic" birds (for a Brooklyn boy, anything that is not a pigeon or sparrow is exotic).  We had frequent visits from Gray Catbirds, and I saw a glimpse of a Bald Eagle through the treeline.  Didn't spot any turtles, though I hear they are there if you go looking.

I plan to return to this campsite, and likely very soon. I had a great time and it was nice not having a park ranger sniffing around every 2-3 hours like I have experienced in other parks and campsites.

#bigfunfamily approved! Great stop!

Great stop! New owners have created an awesome family friendly park with swimming/fishing pond, clean restrooms and beautiful grounds. Big rigs fit.

Secluded, Wooded Site

Very nice site secluded in the woods. The small lake my children went swimming in and you could kayak it. Very peaceful area, overall would recommend. My kind of camping!

NOT A CAMPGROUND

Hi all! I just wanted to let everyone know this is NOT a campsite. Please go elsewhere!

Close to Saratoga, Full of Partiers

I stayed at Lee's Park campground in June 2019 and unlike many other reviewers, I was not there for a SPAC concert. I went with my wife and two daughters. The campground is unsanitary, and I am used to roughing it backpacking or with pit toilets. Maybe that was why I found this site so appalling. It was far from being a nature site, I had hoped for something more quiet: it cannot be found here. People drank and played drinking games late into the night, most likely on drugs.

Just down the creek is a great place to rent kayaks and paddleboard called the Kayak Shack! Also recommend the pizza at the restaurant next door.

If you do not mind being packed in like sardines and loud parties or are looking for a cheap alternative to a hotel (you get what you pay for), this is the place for you. I am just not that type of camper. The reason I gave it two stars instead of one is because it is nice and close to Saratoga Springs. If you want nature, we took a day trip up to Lake George. We will stay there next time!

The photos are of places nearby, all within walking distance. We thought this was a prettier part to highlight rather than the piles of tents.