The best BOAT IN camping near
Somers Point , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Somers Point Camping Reviews
Just a awesome place

We loved this campground. Friendly staff. Plenty for the kids to do. The river is right there to go tubing or kayaking. Playground is cool. They allow golfcarts which is a plus in my book.

Great place

Staff was great. Plenty of things to do for the kids. We love the lake side campsites.

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Clean and Quiet

Atsion is a hidden gem. Bathrooms continuously clean during Covid. Lots of families. Beautiful sunsets and great hiking trails close by.

Memories

Been going here for the past few years and had some of the best times ever

Friendly management but ...

Stayed for a long weekend with the family. Management at the front office/store were very nice and welcoming. Camp sites were very tight together. The seasonal sites were a little routy but didn't keep us up too late. Kids loved the fishing pond and exploring fantasy island. Found out too late that the train only ran on the weekends, kids were pretty bummed.

Nice place

Nice place for a weekend getaway. A little hard to find the right spot we had reserved but once you've been there it's an easy go. Good spot if you don't mind neighbors in the vicinity. Quiet but not too remote. Plenty of places to walk through the woods.

Fun group site

Originally it was very hard to first locate the site, I believe it is on google maps since we went last, the welcome center will also give you coordinates to get there. The turn off is only labeled in one direction so keep an eye on both sides of the signs. The campsites are semi close together. Very sandy area. There is a little river area within the site which is fun. The composting outhouse toilets are not great. Overall was a fun weekend trip. Outdoor shower at a general store down the road.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.