The best YURTS camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Oak Hill Camping Reviews
Nice bike ride to the beach

Did a weekend bikepacking trip from New Brunswick to Allaire. Big sites that you can hear the highway from. A really nice bike ride to Ocean Grove and other beach towns. There are outlets in the bathroom and someone put a fullass drip coffee machine in one of the sinks. I did not refuse a fresh cup of brew.

Great stop for a Bikepacker

No electrical and no pets allowed in camp sites. But plenty of trees and huge fire rings in each spot. An RV would have a tough time but for car camping it’s great. The Delaware Canal is nearby with the tow path for biking. That makes this a nice Bikepacking stop.

Nice place

Nice state park with trails nearby.

Close getaway

I've stayed in the cabins here a couple times. Love the area lots to do hiking fishing nature walks, something for everyone. Cabins are no frills yet very nice no electricity they are equipi with 4 bunks a LG picnic table and a wood stove for heat. Also a nice porch fire ring and a charcoal grill

Peace and Quiet

Since it was late in the season, I called ahead to make sure this campground (22 individual sites plus two group sites and four cabins– two rustic and two modern) was still open. I was reassured that it was, that reservations were not needed, and that a ranger would come around to collect our fee ($30 cash or check). We arrived around 6 pm to a completely empty campground. Granted it was a rainy Sunday night, but the gates were open and so were the restrooms, so we settled into site 16, across from the restrooms. Aside from occasional road noise on Cafferty Road, we didn’t hear any noise or see another soul (including the ranger) during our overnight stay. There was no place to self/register/pay that we could find. The next morning, we woke to sunshine and the campground looked beautiful. No hookups and the bathrooms were reasonable but not the best we’ve encountered. The shower did not look very appealing. I did not see the cabins or the pool that is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. I read that two water releases each year in March and early November are very popular for whitewater rafters and many of these paddlers stay in the cabins and campground. I also read about hiking trails but could not find them on the Google map on my phone. Not seeing much to do, we packed up and left what was likely the most peaceful night of camping we’ve experienced in a long time!

fun times !

enjoyed my time there for the weekend . didn’t like that there was a checkout time and there was no reservation for that day

Walk-in tent sites amidst a beautiful large recreation area near beach

There are 20 tent sites spread across four loops. There is NO beach access. Some sites have shelters, others do not. Pay attention when reserving. All sites have a fire pit and picnic table. Sites are walk-in (only about¼ mile) and carts are available to haul gear. Two water spigots and bathrooms with flush toilets are also on-premise. No electric, hook-ups, or showers. The nearby beaches have outdoor shower facilities though. The racoons are fierce. They will eat through your tent. Use the bear lockers provided to store anything scented.

Activities abound: hit the beaches for (non-motorized) water sports or sunbathing (Gunnison is the nude beach), learn about the military history of the area on an NPS tour, visit the oldest working lighthouse in the US, walk or bike the multi-use trails, go birding, and more! Nearby Hartshorne Woods Park (Monmouth County Park System) has great hiking and mountain bike trails too.

Clean and cozy

Tent camped July 1st. Clean bathrooms. Sites are a little too close together. Noisy with highway traffic. Well maintained though. Ticks galore.

Nice place for the family.

It's a great place to take the kids for a night or two of lovely moderate hiking and outdoor experience. Except I don't have kids and the people I tagged along with didn't read the rules, so we brought a bunch of alcohol and had our selves a blast until the rangers showed up.

Peaceful

We were here at the end of September and there were only a few other campers.The sites are a decent distance from each other. It was nice and quiet. There are trails for hiking and if you're there on a Saturday during polo season you can catch a match down the road at Tinicum Park.