Buckingham Park , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Buckingham Park Camping Reviews
Perfect Camping Trip

Just had our first stay at this campground and we loved it. The site was spacious and right across from the bathrooms. Bathrooms were very clean. The ladies in the front office were very kind and welcoming. Only about 25 minutes from Long Beach Island. It's early in the season so it was relatively quiet, I imagine it's much busier during the summer. It was the perfect start to our camping season!

Great family spot

Great family run and owned campground. Clean, friendly and fun

Looking for some peace and quiet?

Beautiful and quaint..a nice place to get away and enjoy some nature.

Home away from home!

I started going to this campground when I was two! It really is a home away from home. The owners treat you like family, the campground is beautiful & there is so much to do for the kids and adults!!! It’s so awesome seeing my kids running around and now spending their summers there! Come check them out you definitely will not regret it!!!

Great Campground for An Early Spring Get Away

My family and I camped at Bass River this weekend. We arrived on Friday and camped on the south side camp area. I believe that the North area is closed due to Covid , but I am not 100% sure about that. The site we had was large with a trail that lead down to a stream. It looks like due to covid that every other camp site is being used. It was cold this weekend, and I think that had an effect on the amount of people in the campground as well.  There are no hook ups at the south end so we had to fill our tanks at the campground and bring a generator.

All of the other campers close to us were pretty quiet and the staff from the park as well as Park Police seemed to drive through every couple of hours. There were bathrooms near our site, but they did not have showers , or hot water. AT&T cell service was reliable at the campground. There are alot of well marked hiking trails here as well. The campground is about 10 mins from Tuckerton where there are numerous places to grab food as well as Pineands Brewery. Overall we had a great experience here. The campground was well maintained, and the staff friendly. We will go back again during this same time of year. I can not ssay how it would be to stay here during the peak season when the lake is open, but for this time of year it was great!

Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Excellent recreation, mediocre camping facilities, but we will be back!

Husband and I spent the weekend at Bass River SP with the Pop-up camper. Stayed in spot#35, on the South Side Campground. We have never camped here before, but wanted to hike the Batona trail nearby. Reviews I’d read said the North Shore Campground was densely packed- the online map when booking showed that, so we picked South Shore spot #35 because it was camper friendly and seemed furthest away from other people. When we arrived that proved to be true, and we would definitely pick that spot again. The Rangers drove through several times before dark, but after dark there was little to no State Park management presence. Fine for us, but if I’d been next to the partiers camped a ways over, I would have been annoyed because quiet times were not enforced. The bathrooms were not close to our spot, which was fine for us. Toilets were not too bad, and were cleaned regularly. An even cleaner private bathroom is attached to the park office- a drive or bike distance- open after 8am, if you fancy your privacy. The showers were not nice- think cramped, stained, buggy stalls. I think the park really should replace the bathroom/showers with whole new buildings. You can hear the Garden State Parkway from the campsites, if that’s a deal breaker for you.(Wasn’t for us, plus the partiers a ways over were much louder than the distant road noise.) There is lots of recreating to be had here. The lovely beach was closed when we were there, but looked like it would be fun. We had a great 5 mile hike on the Batona Trail, and put the canoe in the lake. Lake was beautiful-very clear and calm. The trail was well blazed and not crowded. Passed maybe 1 other person per mile. This would be a great campground for bicyclers too. We will come back for the recreation, but not for the facilities. And if it was booked up, this would be a pretty crowded campground. Recommend spot #35 for privacy, or spot #21 looked good as a backup option, for campers. Tenters could book #37. Highly recommend South Shore campground for distance between sites. You can take dogs if you pre register and bring paperwork.

Family camp out

This is a cool little area with trails and a lake. We walked and explored, kayaked, and sang by the fire. The camp sites have plenty of room for the kids to run around and set up there own areas. Great area for tent camping.

Rare primitive camping in the mid-Atlantic

Two of our group paddled in and 4 of us hiked in. No one else in sight the two days we were there! Fishing, boating, or just plain sittin' are all on the menu.

Great stop for a Bikepacker

No electrical and no pets allowed in camp sites. But plenty of trees and huge fire rings in each spot. An RV would have a tough time but for car camping it’s great. The Delaware Canal is nearby with the tow path for biking. That makes this a nice Bikepacking stop.