Barnegat Light, NEW JERSEY
Camping New Jersey Barnegat Light
Most Recent Barnegat Light Camping Reviews
Loooove it

It's really chill for a place not far away

Huge lake, awesome pool

Nice quiet campground right on a huge lake, good fishing, dog beach, human beach, awesome pool. Tons of activities. Great staff. Tents and RVs welcome.

Nice place but could be better.

The place was nice & cleaned and cheap. The lady in the store is rude & smokes to much, the pool area closes at 6pm that’s to early I think, the Baseball fields is run down, Quite time is from 10:00pm-8am Strictly Enforced but people were still partying & making noise at till 1am.

Decent camping experience

Good campgrounds. There was moderate traffic and a few other people while I was there. Everyone was respectful inconsiderate. Facilities were under average.

Great place close to beaches

Clean safe nice place to camp. Would recommend to anyone.
Close to beaches and lots to do in the area.

Can't Go Wrong Here!

This was our 5th year camping at Baker's Acres. Their slogan is "Where friends are made for life" and they couldn't be any more right. This is the friendliest, family run for 50+ years, clean, fun, campground we've been to in a long time.

The Camp Store is large and well stocked. The salt pool is always clean!

Campsites are level and somewhat sandy (You're in the Pine Barrens, it should be expected). The bathhouses near our site were cleaned 2x daily and the best part is, they're private! (Shower, sink, toilet in a 10 room bathhouse).

Check the activities schedule, there is always something fun to do!

Close to LBI and a short drive to Smithville, I highly recommend Baker's Acres!

its ok

Like the title says, its ok. I think it would make a better day trip, family BBQ location. the Parkway is right there so its not a nice quiet place.

Rustic but large sites

Nice and clean campground, sandy sites. nice trails. great location. Been there a few times. will definitely go back.

Very nice campground

Clean, well spaced lots. Electric and water with every site. $30 gets you a tent site. We rented a paddle boat for $15 and cruised the lake. Will be back

Not a campground

Can't camp here, but it's beautiful to spend the day in!

Clean and cozy

Tent camped July 1st. Clean bathrooms. Sites are a little too close together. Noisy with highway traffic. Well maintained though. Ticks galore.

cool boy

but i will do my best

Would not return

I haven't seen a review since 2017 and that should have been my first clue. Let me start by saying the check in area was nearly 12 miles away from the site. At the site there were no bathrooms. One outhouse which smelled like death for the entire camp site. I would say there had to be about 60 people using one outhouse NO FLUSHING! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww Camp sites were one on top of the other. There were no clearly marked roads and several cars got stuck in the sand area, one car even drove through our site during the night. Luckily we werent run over. There were no picnic tables either. If you didnt have a table and/or chair you stood all weekend. The road leading to the actual site was full of twists and turns and we nearly smashed into a tree coming out of a turn doing about 20 mph. The police patrolled at 730 pm, 930 and then 1130. THERE WAS NO INTERNET, CELLULAR SERVICE. That didnt bother me but the fact that if there was an emergency there was no way to contact police was pretty alarming. I honestly didnt think the mosquitos or bug situation was bad. There was a questionable tick but didnt see much more than spiders and ants. The lake/beach area also 12 miles away was really nice. You could rent a paddle board, canoe or kayak for a reasonable fee. We will not be back because of the unkempt roads, no running water.(Hey if you want only port a potties ok but put enough to be sanitary for the 60 or so people you jam in on top of each other.) and no way to reach the outside world in an emergency.

No Camping But Nice For What It Is

There isn’t camping anywhere in the park, at least none that’s sanctioned by the state park service. Not exactly the most secluded park, but has a series of nice walking trails and big open areas and grills for bbq. Gets crowded around the fourth. The waterfront trails are excellent for birding and usually not crowded.

Clean, private sites

Clean, private wooded sites. Clean bathhouse, friendly staff. The pool was clean.

Convenient location

This campground is conveniently located near six flags (5min), Sesame Place (40 min) and Philadelphia (60 min). Campground has friendly staff and plenty of activities for children of all ages. Play ground, basket ball, beautiful pool and for an extra fee beach access. Now for the down side: it appears that the office and camp store (which offers a lot) has overgrown the facilities. There are many seasonal campsites many have let there sites go with clutter. The campsites themselves could use some TLC but most of all the roads need some work. There are many pot holes that need gravel. Over all will not rule this campground out in the future but will look for other campgrounds first.

Great place to camp

Great place for a weekend getaway. Very well maintained campsites and facilities.

Good

Decent, good bathrooms, nice facility

Our usual spot for a quick weekend trip that's close to home.

I have stayed here many times over the years, usually for a long weekend.  Longer trips were spent there with my parents when I was a kid.   I prefer the south shore campsites to the north shore.  The sites on the south shore offer a little more privacy and aren't as crammed.  I'm particularly fond of the dog friendly loop, its a newer loop and the bathrooms are more modern than the others scattered around.

We have also stayed in the camping shelters a few times and a cabin once.    The shelters offer no frills sleeping quarters with two bunks beds, so four beds and closet/pantry on both sides in the rear for food and gear, a wooden table in and pot belly stove for warmth or a one pot meal in the front room.  Bathrooms are in a separate building across the road and are shared with the other shelters occupants.  The exterior includes a fire pit, picnic table and a fire ring for larger meal prep.

The cabins are a two steps above the shelter with a full kitchen and bathroom with shower, but otherwise rustic, with three sets of bunk beds, a wooden table and two Adirondack chairs in front of a fire place.  The screened in porch at the rear of the cabin overlooks the lake and has plenty of room for camp chairs.   There is also a picnic table and a charcoal grill outside.

The beach is home to the cleanest, most wonderful lake I have ever set foot  in.  There are picnic tables and grills scattered all around the beach near the parking lot and it does get crowded in the summer months.  There is also a concession stand open in the summer months, serving light fare -- burgers, dogs, ice cream, soda & chips.

Clean and Friendly

The staff and campers are very friendly. Sites are nice and clean. The bathrooms and showers are kept clean. Over all a good place.

The only downside I saw was people here are up way to early. 7am place was already loud. 7:45am a propane truck pulled in the full the propane and was extremely loud. 8am people with leaf blowers and chopping wood. Don’t expect to sleep past 7:30am.

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE

This campground is literally filled with ducks and huge geese! The site we were at was 33, right next to where they feed the critters! It was full hookups, for a 30 amp. I only gave it a 3 star due to the fact that the pool was not fixed and the female bathrooms were out of order. Also 90% of the sites were permanent campers. They did have tent sites available, but only a port a John near by!

Great camp ground!

Great

Awesome campground! Always a fun time camping and driving around this park! Gorgeous!

The best

This place is a slice of heaven. I look forward for the nice weather all year so that I can come here and relax, fish and enjoy a campfire.

Love this spot

Went in April. Allows dogs after a deposit. Must purchase their firewood. Good bathrooms/showers. Great location for hitting the 4x4 trails.

No camping but nice park.

It is a beautiful park with a nice trails. One is along the Delaware River. There is a pool and grill. No camping though.

Great place

Great place!! Friendly and helpful staff. Clean!! Lots of fun.

Just ok with the dog

Bathrooms were very clean. People were very nice. Camp sites are very sandy. We chose this place because they advertise dog swimming. They only have a very small area which was slightly mucky and I saw three large cotton mouth snakes hanging on the coastline. I know that it's nature and snakes will be there but we did not get in the water with our puggle. No Way!