Barnegat Light , NEW JERSEY

Camping New Jersey Barnegat Light

Most Recent Barnegat Light Camping Reviews
Camping Gem

This was part two of our shakedown cruise for our new RV. We stayed just for one night, but wish we could have stayed longer.

The park was easy to find and located a short distance from the highway. We were met at the entry gate with a personalized folder containing lots of helpful information for our stay. I was impressed at how prepared they were for our arrival.

We navigated the park to our lakefront site using the map with pre-marked route in our welcome packet. The roads and turns were tight for our 36’ motorhome, but manageable.

Our lakefront site(#57) was superb! It was between a small, paved boat ramp and a row of arborvitae trees on the other side separating us from the neighboring site. The entire site was level and covered in mulch. The water, electric, and sewer hookups looked practically brand new(or at least really well maintained). Oh, and we were on the edge of Cranes Lake!

We ordered food from their website which was promptly delivered to our site. That was cool. We had great wifi connectivity. And the firewood they sold burned for several hours.

If I had to make a negative remark, I’d say the place is a bit pricey(we paid$105), but I’m ok with it because it’s so well maintained and clean.

The nature trails accessible from the campground make for great wooded walking. And if you forgot anything, there’s a Walmart about 3.5 miles away.

In summary, this place is a camping gem and we can’t wait to go back.

Spring Camping

Good size site. Plenty of room to park two cars. Firewood available for purchase at the park office but you have to make sure it will be open depending on your arrival time. Lots of trails that were well marked. Clean bathrooms. Went to a program about beavers that included a hike around Pakim Pond to see their dam, very informative. Looking forward to visiting again.

Orderly camp

Campground is clean and orderly. From what I’ve seen staying twice in April, the owner drives around to check on things. My kids had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. They had a great trip. Campground is also

not overly huge.

Good hiking but small campsites

Good for first timers or booking multiple sites for a bigger group but not secluded.

Well kept, spacious, good facilities

Very nice campground-- good sized sites, well maintained hookups, clean grounds, friendly staff, well-stocked campstore. The only drawback was my site was not very level and took a few tries to get levelled, but everything else made up for it. Sites are packed sand so be prepared with a good broom because it tracks everywhere. We had a great time and will definitely return.

Great location, fun times!

We LOVE camping here in the fall!! They do their own haunted walk through that is just awesome! Everyone decorates. They have a dj every Saturday! Plenty of activities for the kids. They have cool raffles! Very close to Six Flags Great adventure. You can hear the lions in the morning. There is a road that goes between the campground and the Safari you can drive, walk, or bicycle down and see the animals! This campground has a pretty lake, a bridge and is very woodsy, not just a camper parking lot like some other campgrounds! The staff and seasonals friendly! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the bathrooms need a deep cleaning.

ok rv campground

It's an ok campground, nothing really special. It does have a nice playground for the little kids. The spots were tight and when our neighbor parked his truck in his spot, my chair could almost touch it. We came for opening season and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there. It's more of a closed net group of people as we rarely had anyone wave to us. It just wasn't as friendly as so many other sites. Almost no one wore masks around so that made me think they must know each other. There are a bunch of walking paths that lead from the camp so you have ample places to walk. The bathroom was clean but needs to be updated a bit. My husband and son kept saying they didn't have soap in their public bathroom but I had no problems in mine. The exit is very tight to get out of and all lanes are one way so be careful if you have a big rig.

Perfect Camping Trip

Just had our first stay at this campground and we loved it. The site was spacious and right across from the bathrooms. Bathrooms were very clean. The ladies in the front office were very kind and welcoming. Only about 25 minutes from Long Beach Island. It's early in the season so it was relatively quiet, I imagine it's much busier during the summer. It was the perfect start to our camping season!

Great Campsite

We have been seasonal campers for over 20 years

Decent place for kids

The place was fun.. they have peddle cars and playgrounds. They deliver wood to your site by the truck full! Nice little store and staff are all friendly. My only issue is that there are no trees. It feels like you're camping out in a field with mostly sand around. But having said that, I'd still recommend it for all of the positive they do have.