The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent North Dorchester Camping Reviews
NOT RECOMMENDED IN WINTER

This review is about my winter experience. I visited for one night in the fall and my experience was a lot better. I DO NOT recommend this campground in the winter. I feel that the owners/managers are very neglectful. They do a bad job plowing (my rig bottomed out twice on snow banks) and I fishtailed on the access road. They don’t salt or sand anywhere on the premises. The walkway to the bathroom (see photo) are not cleared of snow. I was very worried to slip and fall. I’m extremely surprised that they haven’t been sued yet for injury. Well, maybe they have. I don’t know. Tammie at the reception is very nice, but no one seems to take responsibility for the state of the campground in the summer. The trash was piling up outside the dumpster (see picture). Sadly, I didn’t take a picture of the filthy bathrooms. Look, I knew that it was a modest campground. The cost for a winter seasonal site reflected that. But modest and dirty are two different things. I will NOT return. Actually moved to a different campground in the area even though I had paid in full til the end of the season. What finally triggered my move was when a can got stuck on the ice and almost ran into the car that was parked next to my rig. I could not risk my camper being ruined by some irresponsible people (the two dudes who used ridiculous methods to try and get the van unstuck as well as the owners who didn’t make sure the access road wouldn’t become an ice rink.) each time I entered the access road I was anxious and worried that I would make it to my campsite without getting stuck. Ugh! That’s not enjoyable.

Great campground and park!

We stayed on Labor Day weekend, so it was probably louder and more crowded than usual. But even still for a completely full campground it was nice! The sites are pretty spacious and there were enough suitable trees to hang two hammocks. Bathrooms were nice and clean. We rented both a canoe and kayaks and it was such a nice experience. The views from the lake are incredible. The beach area is very nice and has lots of tables and grills. We were able to hear the loons calling on the lake at night too. We’ll definitely be back, both for camping and day trips.

Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

Awesome winter camping

Stayed here for two nights in late December. Site #40 along the river was close to the bathroom yet had plenty of privacy from other sites. The campgrounds were well cared for and the staff was friendly. There are some nice looking tent only sites we plan to experience come springtime. Water would have earned it five stars.

Nice wooded sites, but near road

This campground off 49 in the southern part of the White Mountain National Forest offers sites along two loops that run parallel to the road. The sites on the southern site of the loop are VERY close to the road.  the sites are generally level and a decent size. Unlike many of national forest campgrounds, this one offers both flush toilets and showers. I was in site 9, which offered ample space for my vehicle and teardrop.

I stayed here on a June weekend in 2019 and the campground was not full. The back sites fill up earlier because they provide a little more distance from the road. Although some sites are reservable, others are saved for first come, first served, so it's a good option if you're heading to the mountains last minute.

It's in a great location if you want to enjoy some popular hikes such as Welch-Dickey, with great open ledges, and the Osceolas. A few other 4000-footers in the area include Mt Tecumseh and the Tripyramids. It's also close to I-93 if you want to head a little farther north to the Kanc. The Pemi river offers tubing, kayaking, and boating opportunities. If you're looking for outdoor resort activities, Waterville Valley offers biking and disc golf. Grab some ice cream after a hike or other outdoor fun at the Bear Den. Fishing opportunities on Campton Pond and the Mad River.

Great location, easy access to the Gorge.

We hit this campground for one over night as we past through. Good spot with easy access to the Gorge. Bathroom were clean and the grounds were quite at night.

A little more resort then I like

It's a nice camp ground, but its a little more of resort camping than I normally go for. Don't get me wrong! It's beautiful! But i probably would try somewhere else next time. Plus side, it's near to a lot of attractions! Covered bridges, waters falls! Thats what makes this place worth it

A Vermont State Park for remote camping

Molly’s Falls Pond property consists of 1064 acres including the 411-acre pond. U.S. Route 2 traverses the northern edge of the property and there is a dam at the western end of the reservoir that is owned by Green Mountain Power Company. This 411-acre lake is largely undeveloped and is an excellent spot for swimming, boating and fishing. Anglers will find a variety of fish including rainbow trout, brown trout, northern pike, pickerel, smallmouth bass and yellow perch here. Camping and picnicking along the shores is accessible by a side road off from US. Route 2. There are 5 unofficial, remote campsites at the park. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a boat launch with 2 fishing platforms, plus a nearby port-o-let. Swimming is allowed off the shoreline, but is restricted at the boat launch. Additionally, there are 10 remote picnic sites.

Small and quiet. Beautiful area!

This is a pretty small State Park, so it fills up quickly. The sites on the pond are beautiful if you can get one! The campground has a small beach, boat launch and it's right on the Cross Vermont Trail. I stayed in October and it was really quiet and relaxing. There is absolutely no cell service for miles, so plan accordingly.

Nice peaceful campground by the river

A great peaceful campground along the Moose River, which at this point is smaller than its name implies. Depending on the water levels you can wade into the river and get your feet wet! The campground itself is nice and the owners take great care of the grounds and the people who stay here. Can't wait to come back next year.