Lemmon Valley, NEVADA

Camping Nevada Lemmon Valley

Most Recent Lemmon Valley Camping Reviews
Beautiful Lake

This lake and surrounding are beautiful. The drive in takes a long time over really rocky terrain. I traveled around 10 mph on the way in and out. At least three camps close to the water. Other sites scattered along the trail in the trees not so close to the water but still chill.

A gorgeous new road up to a beautiful lake

I was ready to stop for the day, and saw these cluster of tents off Hwy 70. I hopped on Hwy 284 & the smiles formed. I would’ve loved a bit more of this twisty heaven, but after crossing the dam, I found myself at Spring Creek. I took a spot at the end of the smaller loop. This is a fairly-well devolved camp, with camp host, potable water spigots & frequently cleaned pit toilets. Camp Host was quickly present to collect $30 ($15 w/annual pass), and since I had no cash, allowed me to boogie back down Hwy 284 to get some. Oh darn, had to ride that road again. (The host’s face was shocked I was back so quickly 🤣) Beautiful lakefront spots, but quite crowded, and there is a lot of motorboat traffic on the lake. This spot is in a small cove, so it’s not bad. Cell service was very limited, 1-2 bars extended. Lots of chipmunks 🐿 looking for handouts, so secure all foods.

A gem in a row of jewels

After a long day of riding, I headed towards Gold Lake, not knowing there were several, smaller lakes along this road. I choose Snag just because it seemed the least occupied. Just a few yards of gravel-travel and I was set. A camp on a rise, overlooking the water. Beautiful sunset with nearby thunderheads providing the bass notes. No potable water; so bring enough or boil/filter lake water. The pit toilet is of the older wooden-type, and shows it’s age. Bring TP, as both stalls were empty.

Bottom line….great dispersed camping ⛺️

Nice Lake - Campground is very "buggy."

Was here in the summer.  The lake (PGE) seemed to be well used by boaters and fishermen/women.  The campground is small, nestled in the trees above the lake.  Looked pretty and teh sites were well spaced. However, I was in a tent and there were  "lots" of bugs. Was so bad I really only wanted to be in my tent, did not wnat to be out and about or even hang out in the campsite.  I am thinking that my expereince would be better in the fall or spring.

Very secluded

It appeared that this campground hadn’t seen much traffic recently, some of the sites were very overgrown. There were pit toilets that seemed like they hadn’t been maintained but they were there nonetheless. It’s a one way drive thru so you have to drive up past the sign to the upper part of the drive thru. Picnic tables and fire rings, but you’ll need your own water and trash must be packed out. Free site, very lovely.

Good site for large groups

We travel with a large group once a year to this group site (about 8-9 families with trailers). It easily accommodates everyone spaciously. Vaulted toilets were decently clean. Big group fire pit and picnic table area overlooking the lake. Downside is the lake is located down a short but steep hike. Little kids struggled a bit and even caused our pregnant friend’s water to break 3 weeks early! So be prepared to haul your beach gear, food and shade up and down the hill. Beach is more dirt than sand and water is really murky and generally pretty cold. Lots of deer in this area (and mosquitoes too). All said, I think there are better campgrounds nearby but when traveling with a BIG group this is a good option.

ADA KIND

Good place to Basecamp from.  Close to MTBike parks in summer.  Level, quiet, clean.  Decent location to many National Forests.

Great campground!

Our family has been staying here for the last three summer seasons. It’s something we look forward to all year! The pool is refreshing on those hot days. The playground is great for kids and there are tons of other games for adults too! Highly recommend!

Great views while being on top of the mountain.

Ok so it’s great but the trail hiking up from Parking is approx 3 km to the campsite so make sure and bring everything in one go.

It’s a tough hike as your literally hiking a mountain.

Great Midweek

We stayed here for three nights. Two of those nights were during the week. Friday night had a completely different vibe- lots of parties and loud music. Note on the map that site 7 looks like it is on the river. It is not, but 7A is. We stayed at 7A which had zero shade, but did have access to the swimming hole. Our kids loved this campground. The swimming hole was awesome. This campsite is about 15 minutes from Downieville.