Equestrian
KoA
Yellowstone Park / Mountainside KOA is located in Montana
5 Reviews of Yellowstone Park / Mountainside KOA
Best KOA I've been to. Period

Without going into the plethora of reasons that you should visit Yellowstone, let me say that this campground stands on its own as a family-approved space. The views are fantastic (can you go wrong out in that part of the country) and the amenities are unparalleled in a campground.

There is every type of facility that you can imagine: washing, hot showers, dining, store, indoor heated pool, hot tub, etc. I mean, is this even camping? I was less than impressed with those features when we arrived and more with the fact that I was with my teenage daughter, younger brother, and father to see Yellowstone NP, but boy did that indoor pool and come in handy when it rained and got a bit chilly. The hot tub helped ease the hiking woes my body was taking in from the long hikes in the area.

Did you know there are so many stars? You feel like you can see them all from that darn KOA. The energy of the campground is palpable as the sites are only separated by a rustic wood fence. It is a busy place, so I was okay with that part. These days I prefer to be away from everyone or at least further 10', but my daughter loved it.

The main thing here is that I would recommend staying within Yellowstone if that is your purpose of your visit. It does book up fast, though, so this is still a viable option. I think we paid more for the KOA site vs. Grant Campground at the southern end of Yellowstone a couple of years later, but there is no comparison to what people paid to stay in town near the West Gate to YNP.

Oh, be ready for a LOOOONNGG wait at the YNP gate and DEFINITELY have your annual pass already purchased. We had a pass so we were able to skip about 30 minutes of a waiting to get in, but you still need to navigate four roads converging 1-2 miles out from the park's entrance. You've been warned.

Small and Quiet.

Can’t say enough about how much we enjoyed this campground. Yellowstone is an awesome place but the crowds can get very intense. This campground was an excellent place to get away from the crowds and relax after a day in the park. Locate about 6 miles from the west entrance, it’s location was very quiet but conveniently located near a town. The staff was professional and very welcoming. There was some construction at the KOA but thy kept it quiet for the most part. The campground has a nice store and a small pizza restaurant. The bathroom facilities were the nicest I have ever seen. Large private bathrooms with showers. They were extremely clean. The staff works so hard to provide a clean and quiet place to stay. I can’t say enough about this place.

Close to everything

Lots of bears!!! This park is huge and the camping is in close proximity to all the super cool mineral pools and hot springs.

Beautiful campground close to everything in the park

Great site, primitive, but nice. Park is amazing, so it’s nice being close. Watch out for fire season, can get Smokey.

nice views, flat large sites, WiFi that works, lovely bathrooms, large laundry facilities, no pool

only real down sides are no pool not much privacy between sites, no cash back at store so bring cash if you want to get quarters for laundry, and here and there there is a bit of mud in the rainy season