Camping in Youngstown

59 Reviews of 26 Youngstown, Missouri Campgrounds

Steve W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Very nice

Very nice corp park. Campsites were spaced well apart with plenty of room on pad around campsites, cell service was four bars and air tv 30 channels

SiteJ12
Skosh The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great Campground host

Campground host last weekend where very helpful and great to talk to and were just all around great people

Site2nd site on left as you pull on
Tim M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Happy place

I have camped at lake wapello for 32 years in a row over my birthday in September it is the cleanest friendliest best wildlife great fishing wonderful campsites a place that I will always return to.

Month of VisitOctober
H
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Quiet, friendly hosts

The campground hosts, Dan and his wife, have been nothing but helpful and kind. They make their rounds often but never impose. Sites are level, the park is quiet, there is fishing and plenty of hiking. Facilities are clean and well maintained. Plenty of spacing between sites too!

Mary N.
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

Hidden Gem

Henry Sever is a well kept area! The lake is beautiful, the camp sites are well taken care of, and the trails are mowed down and good. A nice quiet place to relax

M
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2020

Small park

This is a very small park and go for just an overnight stay.

Joyce M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2020

Very pretty scenery

I was only able to stay one night but i loved it. We hiked the equestrian trails one afternoon and the regular trails the next day. I camped in the equestrian campground and loved it with my popup. Outhouse type toilets are available there. I only drove past the RV campground and the campsites…

Crystal B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2020

A great getaway

I’ve camped here in a tent as well as a travel trailer and it’s great either way! Nice camping spots, generally a very quiet campground. The campsites are a bit of a hike from the lake but there is lots to do when you get there. Paddle boats, a beach, several playgrounds for kids, fishing, a…

Jon L.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

Fun Labor Day weekend

Thousand Hills SP was great. Huge swim beach, lots of trails, pavilions, playground equipment and beautiful views. Park has a full service marina where you can rent kayaks or fill your boat with gas. It also has a restaurant. Restaurant was not a little more upscale. I wouldn’t show up in flip…

• Swim beach
  • Rental cabins
T
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2020

Iowa Gem!

Cute little RV/tent campground. Very nice hosts. Only stayed 1 night. Definitely on the 'let's go back' list. Waubonsie trail behind park is a short hike to the covered bridge and Dutchman's Store. Perfect Way to stretch your legs after a long day on the road. Bathrooms and showers were…

Marianne  B.
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2020

Pretty “rustic”

The showers and bathrooms needed a good cleaning. There were also many barking dogs. On a good note the neighbors (cemetery) were quiet.

Sarah K.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2020

North loop review

We camped in spot #20 of the north loop. I would not recommend any spot in the center second of the loop. It was more like parking than camping. If we parked in the direction to utilize the full hookups we would have had our awning out over our neighbors campsite.
The state park has some nice…

Josiah  P.
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2020

Excellent lake

Nice lake with free camping.

S
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

Free Spot

Great non electric sites on Thomas Hill Lake. Please leave as you found it or better, it’s basically in my back yard.

W
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2019

Beautiful spot , amazing camp host

Only in for a night but so enjoyed the quiet, beautiful walk, nice beach at the shore of gorgeous lake and along with firewood, ice, and a variety of camping options, there is a very nice bathhouse. The only concern is that the asphalt pads need repair/replacing- steep, broken edges in spots.