Polo , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Polo Camping Reviews
Clean But Dated With Lots of Long Term Renters

We visited Basswood Country RV Resort in October 2020. All in all our experience was a positive one, but prospective visitors should know that there is a large section of long term renters that you must drive through to get to the short term sites. This gave the impression that this was less a vacation park and more of a trailer park. The facilities were clean, but older. The site we stayed in was large and level.

Great affordable RV Park

Stayed here for 2 weeks, clean cut and straight forward park. Functions like a campsite with a registration box. Can’t beat $20 a night for full hookup. Small park right next to it that the kids enjoyed. 20 sites total but less than half were occupied. It’s a very small town, one restaurant (breakfast here was good didn’t get to try the lunch) and one bar walking distance away, and everyone we came across was very friendly. City is 50mins away but an easy drive. We would definitely go back if we’re in the area again.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Small park

This is a very small park and go for just an overnight stay.

Couldn’t Find it!

My review is about location and the accessibility. I really wanted to stay here but I couldn’t find it. I drove around 5 times Of anyone knows where or how to find it reply or post photos how, I’d really like to try it out one time.

NO TENTS

its not tent friendly owner was a total a hole towards this bikepacker "this is a rv park im not loosing my license over a tent"

It's a quick stop for the night.

Not great, but I'm sure there's worse. The good is that it's straight off the interstate, the hookups seem to work and it's a fairly quiet town. The bad is that there's very little room between pads and except for some aging picnic tables, no amenities. No reservations and no staff, just a drop box for payment.

It's a quick stop for the night.

Great Camping

Stayed here for three nights. All spots have plenty of shade when we walked around. Shower house and bathrooms were clean and nice. Lots of things to do such as boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing and swimming. Fire pits were even nice with an attached grill grate.