The best TENT SITES camping near
Fredericktown , MISSOURI

Most Recent Fredericktown Camping Reviews
Our favorite!

We loved this clean and beautiful campground! We stayed in the fall and the colors were amazing. Our kids loved climbing all over the shut-ins. We have already planned to return in the summer to swim! Well maintained facilities and the store had everything you could need. Nice paved sites that have picnic tables & fire pits.

Good fall spot

Well kept up place, good spacing between sites. I didn’t get a chance to go on any trails but there were a couple that looked good, including the Ozark Trail.

Huge!

Very large, open place with the river close to most campers. I never floated here but I'm sure it's quite the party!

Beautiful place!

Many walking/cart paths. Great shop and fishing!

Great Missouri State Park and Campground

This campground offers no-services tent/RV and RV with electrical.  The electrical spots are all in cut grass areas, many with great shade trees.  The no-service sites are more wooded.  We did not visit the facilities (COVID) but the campground is well kept and nice.  The staff did not wear masks (hence the lower rating).

There are plenty of good walking trails along the river.  We are looking forward to coming back in the spring to walk these nice wooded trails.  We did not see any bike trails.

There is good cell service (ATT) at the campsites.  We did not detect any WiFi from our camping spot.

NOTE. The park is close to some motorsports arena which had loud events (drag racing?)  during the entire weekend we were there.  If you appreciate peaceful days and nights, check out the racing schedule first.

An amazing campground

The campground is amazing. There are a number of hiking trails in the park. We only hiked one of them but the views in and around the lake were beautiful. The campground sells firewood at a very reasonable price. The only draw back would be the sites in the Mississippi. The train comes through both day and night. Love the train and whistle but it’s a bit close.

Gorgeous in the Fall

My group and I camped in two of the basic sites in Asher Creek campground and we couldn’t get enough of the front-row lake view! The sites closest to the lake are very level, and everyone in the campground is only a short walk from the cleanest park restrooms I’ve ever seen. If you’re like me and are just doing basic tent camping, I’d recommend a pop-up canopy for the table area since there is not a lot of tree cover in those sites. Overall, an excellent place to camp!

Great, clean, gorgeous in October

Mid week stay. Great pads for our little tear drop, easy access. Pit toilets could have been cleaner, but fine. Quiet. Clean. Nice view of the Mississippi. Didn’t find showers mentioned in another review.

Unable to find this location

There is no signage for this location , the only slight indication is a boat ramp sign that leads to a area by the river , there is a pavilion and it appears you can fish , but no camping location anywhere

Beautiful State Park

Large level sites with electric. Water available mid campground and at dump station. Good antenna service , 2 bars T Mobile 2 large handicapped sites with concrete pads