The best WALK IN camping near
Brandon , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Brandon Camping Reviews
Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Quiet and Pretty

A great family atmosphere. Sites were roomy. Electric and water. Dump station available. Did not see the park host, but we reserved online. Bathrooms were clean (except the corners had cobwebs). Hiking, biking, and kayaking. We were at site 64, which is directly on the lake. Concrete pad, that was pretty level. 25 dollars a night.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Great for kayaking

I love local so we have been many times just to walk around or let the dogs swim, but have never camped. They offer canoe and kayak rentals. We own our own but have kayaked through this stretch of strong river many times. It’s a nice peaceful trip. As for the campground, the park is run down and the river is usually crowded with swimmers in the summer. There are a lot of poisonous snakes at this spot so be aware of your surroundings

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.

Loving Lake Lincoln

After this teacher/mom and her kids were sent home from school due to Covid-19, we decided that some time in nature was what we all needed as a family. Our friends and their family joined us, and we headed to Lake Lincoln State Park for a long weekend. Since it was a spur of the moment decision, there were no neighboring sites with a view of the lake to choose from. We ended up at sites 36 and 37 since access to the lake was nearby.

Our sites were very close to one another, so these would be ideal for two people traveling together. If I had not known my neighbors, I would definitely not want to stay on site 36 as its view was a direct view of our friends’ camper and their sewer connection. This did make for some great jokes later. Each site had a picnic table, a concrete pad, and a grill but no fire ring or lantern post. Sewer hook ups were a plus since the bathhouses were all shut down. We set up a tent for our college-aged son just behind the two campsites (an additional charge of $15 per night).

We all loved the amount of shade and seclusion these two sites provided. We felt like we were nestled snuggly into the pines and enjoyed a peekaboo view of the lake, a precious chapel in our “backyard,” and easy access to the lake and beach areas. We used the driver side of site 37 as our communal area for our two families and enjoyed cooking, playing games, sitting around the fire, and listening to music here. Our stay was extremely quiet even with day use visitors coming into the campground to fish and enjoy the beach area. We enjoyed several walks with our dogs touring the campground and hiking the trail. We did tour the campground but didn’t really note any specific sites that tickled our fancy. We did see several that had direct views of the lake we know we would have enjoyed. Our girls enjoyed lounging in the sun on the beach area until it was closed due to mitigation measures. We hung two hammocks easily with the multitude of trees on sites 36 and 37, and few naps were enjoyed in both during our stay. The guys did some fishing but not any catching worth speaking of, much to our dismay. More than anything, we ate well and laughed lots during our stay which is more than anyone can hope for in a vacation.

Overall, this trip cured our cabin fever during an unprecedented time in our world’s history, and we made more great memories with our dearest friends. We loved Lake Lincoln and hope to visit again in the future. Hopefully, we can do some fishing AND catching the next time around.

Very Clean and We'll Maintained

Camp there several times a year from spring through summer. Sites are spacious and level. Has easy access to the Pearl River and Ross Barnett Reservoir. Plenty of boat parking and nice boat launch. Clean restrooms and nice pool

Convenient and clean

We have camped the last 2 years for the local half Ironman race (Deep South Triathlon) and it’s more than just convenient, it’s perfect for what we want. This campground is right on the reservoir, but immediately near any restaurant, grocery, event space you want.

You can just roll in, find a spot and let the office know you’re there, or better yet, reserve a spot and make sure there is room for you. The sites are clean, level and I believe they all have hookups up to 50amp.