The best RV SITES camping near
Franklin , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Franklin Camping Reviews
This is camping?

I was up in the Oak Woods Campground. This was pretty much an open field with people crammed together. One of my neighbors sat and watched a certain cable news channel on a giant outdoor TV hooked up to their bus from 8am until 10p. I can tell you that a TV host named Tucker was very angry that night. Another "camper" had set up a giant playground, penned in areas for their multiple dogs, and had a bouncy castle set up for their daughter…that was running off of a very loud generator all day. The whole thing was lit up with string lights like it was an airport runway and gave the entire campground a carnival feel. WTF?  Unfortunately for your enjoyment, I deleted the video I took of the scene. Lucky for you, I still have a photograph of it.

I had reserved 2 nights. I left at 6am after one pathetic night and went and stayed at a Harvest Host instead.

Leave no trace (and set up no carnivals).

Hidden gem?

Happened to find the Groove City campground looking for a place to pull over for lunch on a trip.

It was closed when we were there but could tell it had been open this past season. All the sites are paved and back in style. Not much privacy but great views of the little lake. Appears that all sites have 30 amp, water, and possibly sewer.

Friendly staff, well spaced

Located in a county park grounds, Shady Oaks is a quiet, no frills RV park. Sites have electric and water. The spaces are nicely spread out, not to crammed in together. A river runs by one side. Nothing very exiting, but a good place to spend a quiet night.

Has hot showers!

$30 a night plus tax. Cute small lake. Has hot showers!

Beautiful park with nice hiking trails

We stayed in the Upper Campground in the site closest to the equestrian campground. The kids loved being able to meet & visit with the horses.

The sites were a good size, but not much privacy or tree coverage in the area we stayed. There were a lot of trails to hike and a river/stream that they said you could wade/swim in, but we didn't go into it.

There were a lot of playgrounds, and one really huge one the kids wanted to play on, but with COVID-19 still going strong, we didn't use it.

Great place to camp with kids

Nice playground for the little ones in the campground and a nice park with large playgrounds across the street. Big sites and well kept.

Pretty but loud

The park and waterfall are very pretty. The bison will walk right up to your vehicle for some great photos! Our campsite was loud however. Trains and vehicles flying by all night. The campground was clean and you have space between your neighbors!

Owners are very nice

I stopped by and the owners are very nice. They have wood and ice available this year but typically have a store that sells more. They gave me a brochure and let me take a few photos. I look forward to staying here some time. Boat access is 1 mi on the Minnesota River.

Cute small campground

To get here is quite the uphill trek, would advise against during icy winter if it's even open. Currently needs to submit a health screen to camp, so we're moving on.

Nice park

Lots of nice trails to walk. Small zoo that is well kept. Had a nice shady site.