The best BOAT IN camping near
Elba , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Elba Camping Reviews
Good shade and privacy

We stayed here for one night in August 2020 en route to black hills. Nice site(number 80), good shade and privacy between sites.  Some mosquitos in evening.

Maiden Rock

The town of Maiden Rock is small with a couple bars and great bakery. Nice people! The campground is across the tracks from town, very close. Rates are great at 25.00 for electric hook ups. We where located right next to the tracks and it’s loud!!! The trains blow through here at speed with horns blowing. Super loud! And the recycle bins for town are located close by and some jerk would come by at 5:30 AM and dump his bottles. Very loud again! I think if you camped closer to the lake this could be a nice spot but for us never again. It’s really a pretty location and I’ll attach some photos.

Horrible Customer service

Tried to stay here. Booked a site over the phone, got a reservation but was not told a confirmation number or even what site number we would have. Had to get off the line quickly as they made it seem like they were too busy to talk to me. Called back weeks later to confirm and got a site number, but again seemed like I was unimportant. Called before the trip to verify that I could cancel due to covid travel restriction and was told it would be fine. When I canceled the next morning (as I was told I could do), the manager called me and rudely said that was not the case. Again, they always seemed to be too busy to take care of my needs as a guest. I wish that I could say I will try again, but this experience of poor customer service has made me sure that I will never be staying at this resort again.

Great hidden gem

Out in the middle of bluff country. This nice campground plays to the active bodied person well. From golf to tubing to an indoor swimming pool and restaurant. This place has a lot to offer.

Hidden Gem

This is very convenient if you have Mayo Clinic appointments. The campground was nice with grassy sites along with electric and water hook ups, there was a dump station also. Portable toilets spaced around and a centralized bath house by the office. There are seasonal guests and everyone was friendly. We saw deer by the primitive camp areas and had nightly campfires in our fire ring. We will return the next time we are up in MN.

Popular campground

Perrot has it all: hiking, biking, paddling and camping and that makes it a popular place in the summer. It was totally booked the weekend I stayed here. Site 23E was not the best due to the location of the electric pedestal which was more set up for tent camping than an RV, but made it work, although it required an extension to the power cord. The electric power was also running low and the RV AC wouldn’t work. Fan only due to watts/volts varying. Site was also parallel to the campground road so there was road noise. There are much better sites in the 91E-95E section of tall pines!

Sites that were located on the water, were next to swampy, green algae type ponds. I can only imagine what the mosquitoes were like at those sites. Site pads are dirt and grass. Not easy to level.

Now for the good! This area is beautiful. Awesome bluff views of the Trempealeau and Mississippi rivers and definitely worth the hike up for them. The Great River State Trail head is located in Perrot and this is a must do if you like cycling on the rails to trails. The ride into quaint Trempealeau is enjoyable and not too strenuous. Make sure to check out the ice cream place that is located in the old caboose. Kayak and canoe rentals are available in the park as well. This is a paddler’s paradise, just be ready for the current and follow the water trail.

Also, a heads up: I was surprised that there is a daily vehicle pass required and this costs $8/day in addition to the usual camping fees.

Nice park.

Recent change in ownership. Motivated to provide service. Mature park.

Great, Clean Campground!

Friendly staff, clean restrooms, quiet campgrounds. There is a drop box if you arrive after hours. Will be returning!

Quiet, well-kept campground in rural Iowa

We found this campground when we were looking for the mill (which, although it was supposed to be open on the weekends, not only was not open but looked like it had not been open for quite some time, despite information on their website). Located one mile north of the small town of Lime Springs across from the mill on the Iowa River is the park’s 19-site campground, which is in much better shape. There is a path that leads from the mill complex to the campground.

Each site has a very generous size gravel pad that could easily fit the largest RV and the sites are reasonably spaced apart. Each site has a fire ring, water, and electric. The restroom was dated but appeared clean. There is a nice playground, group picnic shelter, and a boat ramp. Although the campground was very well-kept (which is why I gave it three stars), if you don’t have a boat, I’m not sure what there would be to do here. There were only a couple of occupied sites on a Sunday in August so it was very quiet. No host on-site.

Nice, quiet campground

Our site was very large, which was nice as it gave us more than enough room to set up our tent, leaving space between us and the neighboring sites.

For the families - there’s a couple small playgrounds on site, which is a good opportunity for the littles to burn some energy. There’s also a nice covered pool, but we didn’t use it because the most shallow point was 4’6”, which is great for bigger kids, but with little ones, it’s a bit more difficult. There’s a river that offers tubing. Again, our kids are a bit too little for that, but we went down to the water to check it out, and it was beautiful, quiet, and not real deep. Perfect for a relaxing float.

Beware, the office and bar/restaurant are located inside the barn. I say beware because there are barn swallows that nest on the outside of the barn. TONS of barn swallows. They’re mostly harmless, but they do swoop down and get pretty close, so you need to watch out a little bit.

All in all, it’s a pretty great place to camp. Beautiful, quiet (people seem to mostly respect the idea of “quiet time”), spacious, and relaxing. Also, it doesn’t hurt that you’re away from the bright lights of the city, so star gazing is amazing!