About Merrick State Park
Merrick State Park is located in Wisconsin
6 Reviews of Merrick State Park
Relaxing, clean campground

I was nervous about the trains. The website states there are tracks nearby that are active 24 hours. This was not a problem for us at all. They were hardly noticeable. We did stay at the north loop, as we wanted electric hook up. There is fresh water available towards the entrance to fill a tank if you have a camper/rv. also, a dump for the end of your stay. The sites are large and nicely spaced out with mature trees separating the areas. There is a very clean shower house with sinks and flushing toilets, as well a an outhouse with toilets. The river is easily accessible via stairs, but not far. There are nice, well marked walking/hiking paths around the camping area. Toward the south loop is a large boat ramp area with a dock and plenty of parking. I was very happy with our stay and will plan on returning. We loved it!!

Noisy

The park has showers for campers, and electric sites as well.  There are 2 boat launches which can get busy on the weekends but are free to use if you have a current Wisconsin state Park sticker.  The park has a ton of wildlife, nature area, & multiple points to access the water. Great access to awesome fishing!

This site can get noisy from the nearby trains and traffic.

Very Buggy but Quiet

Being so close to the river, the bugs were awful. I did love that it was quiet even peak season and there were plenty of spots open so it felt like a nice getaway. The facilities were clean and well kept up. Didn’t see any rangers around the park besides when I was checking in. Really enjoyed the views from our site. Turtle crossing signs were everywhere and they were right! I loved seeing all the turtles!

Fall Cast and Blast

Stayed in electric loop during the fall duck season for a cast and blast weekend. Liked having electricity in the fall to run a heater, fryer and fillet knife. Can keep you boat at the bottom of the stairs but you can't see the boats so you do have to bring gear up which is a burden. Showers also close in October I believe so couldn't utilize those.

Right on the River

We loved that this campground was right on the river; our dog loved thIs. The campsites were very open and train tracks were nearby. There were many mosquitoes during our trip, our campsite was located near a swampy area.

Great campground

Nice quiet campground. only mile away from Mississippi  Thunder Speedway!