About Ludington State Park
Hike In
Ludington State Park is located in Michigan
30 Reviews of Ludington State Park
Beautiful State Park

I have been to several state parks and most are very similar but Ludington State Park isn’t like any that I have been to. There is so much to do without even leaving the park. & there is a dog beach right next to the day beach area which is a huge plus!

Disappointed

This campground is beautiful, don’t get me wrong. But trying to get a site is next to impossible since they’ve outsourced reservations. Camped there every year since I was born for 18 years and have so many good memories. Back then you could pull up and reserve your site for the following year right then and there. It was sooo simple! Now the price has skyrocketed to camp and can’t even get a site. Sucks, but is what it is. Wish I could say we’d be back, but not sure. Would like to someday so my kids can experience the campground I grew up on!

Best Beach Ever

This campground easily has the best beach I have ever been to in Michigan.

It’s vast, has plenty of space and parking. The sand is always pure without straw or trash. There is a playground nearby and a very unique river running out to Lake Michigan. I witnessed a proposal the last time I was camping in the area. Family friendly, and serves great ice cream at its beach store.

Could use a few more volleyball courts but overall it’s fantastic.

Only major concern is the horse flies near the river running into Lake Michigan. The dunes nearby have hordes of flies that bite. Be warned! Haha.

One of the best campgrounds in Michigan

Absolutely fantastic place to camp. They just about cover everything you could ever ask for in a state campground. You have to book your dates far in advance to get in here, but for obvious reasons. A+ camping experience!!

Always a favorite

This is one of my favorite State Parks’s in Michigan. Lots to see and do! Can’t wait to go back there!!

Yearly Family Camping

Every we come up to Ludington State Park for our annual camping trip with my parents and Sister. It is a great place to be as a family. The sights are right on top of one another as is typical in Michigan State Parks but when you get a few sites it works out really well(it is my reasoning of 4 stars). Nice camp store, lots of hiking and swimming!

Perfect dune camping

Make sure to book a site near the dunes. This place is perfect and books up quickly.

Favorite Park in MI

Right in between Lake Hamlin and Lake Michigan. The perfect spot to do literally anything. Ridiculous amount of trails, wildlife everywhere and so many spots to camp. Beaches and sand dunes and forest trails, lighthouses. Literally everything. We always make it a point to come visit at least once a season, if not more in the warmer months.

Excellent for canoening and hiking!

It is a great campground for a base camp! It is right next to Hamlin lake which has canoe & kayak trails. Very beautiful scenery. The hiking trails through the forest and dunes are excellent

I loved this campground

Having never been to Michigan before, this campground shows how beautiful the state is. The campground was lovely and beautiful. Other campers were respectful and even after leaving my IPhone in the restroom someone actually turned it in. You can ride bikes, you can kayak, you can walk some trails, float down a river, or go to Lake Michigan. Restrooms were nice. There are also sand dunes and a lighthouse within walking distance of campground. If it wasn’t so cold there in the winter, it would be my ideal place to live.