Cottage City , MARYLAND

Most Recent Cottage City Camping Reviews
My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

Relaxing spot with convenient ammenities

It was both mine and my fiancé’s first time camping in a decade. Needless to say, we were a bit nervous about our experience. Every part either met or exceeded our expectations. We stayed at camp site ten, which was open yet felt like our own private spot. The were right by the water and the little waves lulled us to sleep each night. We were close to the building that has a kitchen, coffee and bathroom with a shower, which was super convenient. It’s a dog friendly spot and our dogs thrived while making new friends! James was kind, communicative and super helpful when it came to any questions we had.

Great location

New restrooms and close to the town but far enough to be dark and quiet like the outdoors!

Tide Mill Resort is a rustic waterfront campsite with a lot of amenities

Amazing campsite, lots of room, all the sites are waterfront between the Patuxent River and Mill Creek. A hidden gem. sites have a picnic table, gas bbq grill and fire pit. bring your own firewood. Fantastic common area in the Big Cottage with huge kitchen, dining, living rooms, laundry and shower room. Self serve breakfast was provided in the common area. You can also rent a cottage suite, good value for the price. Private site book thru Airbnb is best. Owners responsive and take real good care of the place its clean and kept up well. Lots of wildlife on site, we saw osprey, bald eagle, fox, groundhog, ducks and geese. Fishing and crabbing off the docks. There are boat slips available for $5 per day, and kayak and standup paddle boards for rent onsite.

Mosquitos, Overgrown & Quiet

We chose this campground based on proximity to work. This campground was priced fairly, however, it does come with its downfalls.

PROS

Let me start with the positive, we were 1 of 3 campers in this loop during our week-long stay. This made it peaceful and quiet.

CONS

It's close to a Naval base, and therefore you constantly hear airplanes, and helicopters at all times.

Other than the daily bathroom cleaning, this campground lacks maintenance on sites and walkways. They are both overgrown.

Playground, fishing, archery all seem blocked off at this time.

Trails seem open but are across and through hunting areas. They are also muddy from the rain. There is even standing water around our site which brings us to…the MOSQUITOS! We tried fans, tiki torches, and many deet free or light deet products before having to buy 100% deet so we could be outside. These things are awful!

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

RV restrictions

Prince William Forest has been a destination for my family for over 35 years. Staff is friendly and helpful.

RV’s are allowed, but not all RV’s fit. Their website states that “Trailers and fifth wheels are limited to up to 26 feet in length and 12 feet in height and motor homes up to 32 feet in length and 12 feet in height.”

No hookups, but a fantastic destination!

Nice quiet campground

Nice campground, very spread out sites not close to neighbor, clean bathrooms, close to DC metro area for good getaway, nice trails to hiking/ running/ biking.

Treehouses on the Cheap

My husband and I stayed here for just a night to getaway from normal life. We stayed in the Bonsai treehouse, which got us up off the ground and provided great shelter overnight. We had great weather, in the end.

The pros:

Clean, easy to walk to bathrooms and showers

Clean treehouse

Quiet campground

A short walk to the Appalachian Trail for some hiking

A short drive to Big Cork winery for some sipping

Pets allowed

The cons:

Poison ivy EVERYWHERE at this particular site. Came home covered in it

Steep road grade for our regular sedan to handle

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.