Addis, LOUISIANA
Most Recent Addis Camping Reviews
Exactly what you need when visiting Baton Rouge!

We have stayed here for 4 consecutive years for the Louisiana Marathon weekend in January and couldn’t ask for a better home base for one of our favorite race weekends.

They offer regular pull thru spots with both 30 and 50 amp full hook ups and deluxe with a fire ring and patio space. The campground and bath house are kept clean and there is even a dog park for your furry camping friends.

Was nice little campground

Was nice with lots of shade. Right on Bayou Teche. Very quiet and had a small petting zoo. But Campground is now closed.

Nice

Nice campground. Great place to launch you’re boat and enjoy fishing. There’s a man made beach that’s nice for the kids and a really nice playground. They do have lots of snakes in the rocks along the water that like to “sun” themselves.  Also it’s full of gators. So watch your kiddos in the water and pets.

Small and Quiet

Natalbany Campground is nice. They have a fishing pond and small pier. The sites are concrete and so are the roads. They have a swimming pool. They also have cabins you’re able to rent. They have a campground store and arcade room in the front near the pool. During holidays they have lots of activities. They’re also full hook ups.

Small but ok

Nothing special about this campground, but a nice get-away if you live close by and just want to enjoy some peace and quiet away from home.  That's what I always used it for.  Warning, though…bring your own water.  Something is wrong with the water there.  It smells and tastes weird.  Don't know if it's the pipes or what, but it's nasty.

Beautiful scenery, great Hospitality

Poche’s have great spots that can be backed in and there are a few pull throughs. The owners are very hospitable. There are facilities for group events. This is where we take our camper when we wish to find peace, quiet, and great fishing.

Large campground

Pets are welcome, showers, restrooms, and laundry room, paved/gravel roads, Propane onsite, Open all year, free Cable TV and WiFi, nice pool with slides, Tennis Court, playground for kids, ponds with fishing.

Nice campground. Clean bathhouse. Nice pool with water slides. Close to Lafayette with shopping and restaurants.

Nice little campground

Sites are tight. Has a putt putt course. Close to a Bass Pro Shop store. Lots of shade.

Nice little campground

Nice little little campground. Has stocked catfish ponds but you must pay for what you catch and no catch and release.

Nice easy to find

Nice large shaded sites. Propane available. Close to the atchafalaya basin. Good fishing.

Sites are a little close together, no shade. There is a nice pool with a lazy river, bring your own tube or float. There is a DJ or band on summer weekends. Golf carts allowed $15 for the weekend.

Nice large sites. Boat landing, water play area. Canoeing, nice hiking trails. Not near a town. Must drive a levee to campground but the road is paved and good condition.

Nice campground with lots of shade

Nice campground with lots of shade. Fishing pond. Close to town with Walmart, other stores and restaurants

Nice, clean, sites are wide.

Nice with a man made beach. Has a boat launch with access to large lake and bayous. Good fishing from bank or boat. Very nice campground.

Lots of wild life.

We enjoy going out to Tickfaw SP every chance we get.  It has some great shady sites; paved, back-in; majority have wooden decks that are campsite level.

We also see wild life when visiting, raccoons, rabbits, many varieties of birds, and yes, snakes (it's nature, people).  The snakes we have seen have been garter snakes and king snakes (non-venomous).

Great splash-pad for the kiddos in summertime. Wonderful Nature Station and great fishing, either at the pond or at the river at the end of the park.

Excellent RV park in between New Orleans and Texas state line

Concrete pads, good electricity but water pressure a bit low. I had better pressure using my onboard water and pump. Bar and grill are good and weekend music.

Heart of Cajun country

about 10 miles from my bayou camp I love to go hike and just hang out every time u come you will see something new it’s just amazing

What a pit

Drugs abound, roaming dogs and trailer junk yard

The best

Primative sites are all by the water!! Awesome place

Too many snakes

Had a couple of snakes show up creeping under our camper. After that I just couldn't enjoy it, lol. Nice trails where we saw a couple of alligators . Pretty wild flowers. A small pond to kayak, where we were greeted by a watch out for gator sign! Back in RV spot, had water and electric hookup.

The site is nice however,

This place is ok, there are hook ups and a great trail, its next to a city park for the kids but then there is the however part. Its in the middle of town, you travel thru a neighbor to get to it, the park is a city park so on the weekend its pretty crowded.

It Ok

If you are looking for a place to park your camper and ride around on golf carts this is the place for. If you are looking for a place to camp and experience the great outdoors, not so much.

Great little park

Tickfaw State Park is a Louisiana State Park located just outside of Springfield, LA.  The park is not very large, but big enough not to constantly run into people.  On this visit, we took our Christmas pictures along the “Cypress Gum Trial” - a boardwalk walk trail located across the street from the campsites and around the playground(s).  There is a nice covered area with picnic tables.  There are 2 camping loops - (1) for tents and (1) for RV’s.  Our site, #37 on the tent loop, we had enough space as well as privacy.  We went the weekend after Thanksgiving and the park was not overcrowded and the weather was perfect.  I did find the boardwalk trail was VERY slippery covered in wet leaves.

Very clean KOA.

Nice RV Park with pull through slots.

Quiet

Quiet, semi private sites. We are at site 39 which has 2 access areas for kayaks, canoes, etc. The ground is pretty sloped though. There is a private beach for campers. Also a public boat launch and beach. The water looks kinda nasty, so this girl won't get in it! Very nice kayaking. Playgrounds for kids, probably loud in the summer.

Wet

First of all, if your rig is over 10’ tall, don’t come in through Butte LaRose, there’s a bridge you won’t get across! Come in through Henderson. That being said, I wasn’t impressed. We were under the mistaken impression that they honored the Nat’l park pass and gave you 1/2 off the price. We paid a total of $36 which included the $6 online reservation fee even though we did not reserve online. We’ve never been charged this fee in any other park as a “walk in”. The men’s bathroom and shower was closed but they had a portable one set up with one shower which was in the handicapped toilet stall and only one other toilet stall and one urinal. Needless to say, you hand to wait in line even though there were only about 10 other campers there. This is a poorly maintained campground with huge potholes in the road going in and standing water everywhere. If Louisiana is going to charge me a reservation fee for a walk-in, I’ll stay in another state. The sites on the water are $42 and there is no cell service anywhere in the park. Supposedly there is wi-fi in some areas but they couldn’t tell me where that was and I never found it.

Bayou camping- bring/rent a kayak or SUP to maximize the experience

If you know about the Bayou and the beauty it has to offer, this can be a great place from which to explore. The friends who came out here with me were disappointed by the murky, swampy, okay just-plain-brown waters. I, on the other hand, was totally enchanted by the trees and the swamp. If I could do it again, I'd take kayaks in order to access the kayak-only campsites. Other than that, most of their offerings are overly developed for my taste (read RV). There are kayak rentals nearby and during the summer there is a splash pad area for keeping cool. I was here a few years ago, I hear it is still recovering from the floods that hit shortly after our visit. Would be worth checking in to make sure all infrastructure is back up. the bugs are gnarly, no getting around it.

Relaxing

Concrete pad, lots of grass, large lots. It’s quiet and everyone is nice.

Well maintained, isolated primitive camping

This is probably my favorite place to visit in Louisiana. The primitive camping sites are on little peninsulas just big enough for you and your group, so it's truly private. The lake has always been calm when I go, with maybe 1 or 2 kind and considerate boaters.