Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Vehicle Length Unknown
Fontainbleu State Park is located in Louisiana
10 Reviews of Fontainbleu State Park
Beautiful but soggy

We went on a weekend after it had rained all week. There wasn’t a dry spot to be found. The bathrooms were cleaned every morning. Sites were pretty close together, but the campground was clean. I would like to see it in summer when it is drier. They offer a discount for the Access Pass holders, but only if you are a Louisiana resident. They don’t detail that on the website.

Bad for tent campers

In a basic sense the facilities worked and things were organized well but the park is kind of dumpy.. However, sites were paved pull ins with nothing but low lying grass around them. I was lucky enough to foresee the flooding potential and put my tent on the asphalt pad, because an inch of overnight rain flooded everything around it. That said, the asphalt was lumpy and my sleep uncomfortable.

Beautiful Park with plentiful wildlife!

We stayed here December 4-6 and the rangers on site were all more than friendly and helpful. The great: the park is amazingly large and long trails. Upon first parking at our campsite, we were greeted by maybe 15-20 deer and yes, a few will approach you. Maybe bring some corn so the kids can feed the deer. You may also see opossums and plenty of birds! All day and night, the bellowing croaks of the bullfrogs are to me, relaxing and making it feel more like camping. Going to sleep, we could hear the frogs through the night and I believe it was one of my best nights sleep.

The not so ugly, but may want to be aware: We had pull through spot 8 and the hookups are not in the best spot in my opinion. We have a 41’ Class A DP and the spot was plenty large, but the hookups (only electric and water) are set where they are opposite side of the bus hookups. This is not a huge issue if you have an extra water hose, but my one water hose did not reach and 2 were required. Driving in, the spot numbers are on post in the center of the pull through spots and you cannot see them until you pass the entry point. Simply facing the campsite number to the incoming traffic would remedy this and not require passing your campsite to see if it’s yours. Most all sites do not have sewage. There is a dump at the exit and upon leaving, there was a line waiting to use. That’s fine, but I did not need to dump sewage and was stuck waiting for others to use it as I could not exit due to exit being blocked. Even with these little issues, I would still be back in a heartbeat due to the amazing beauty of this park!

Our First RV Trip

We just bought our first RV a 32’ class C. I booked a premium site with sewer. The campground was very clean and well kept. My site was relatively level and was easy to back into. The only minor issue I had is the sites are very close to each other, I would prefer to have more room between them. We went to the pier on the lake front and also hiked one of the many trails. All and all it was a very good outing and I would camp there again.

Lake pontchatrain

Not a lot of full hook up sites (I’m spoiled) but excellent campground, concrete rodes for kids to ride bikes, scootered, etc. Playgrounds and hiking and biking trails

Cool place

Seems like a great place for summer with a splash pad and beach available. I’m sure the mosquitoes would be horrendous though. Great place to bike around. Beautiful oak trees, historical site, very helpful park rangers. I arrived late with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our short overnight stay.

A+ Location

Great camping, group areas, beautiful scenery. Great pier and view of Lake Pontchartrain!

Nice area to group camp

We have a church retreat there every summer. Spacious area. Easy access to the park. Common/mess area. The sleeping facilities are nice but the mattresses are uncomfortable. Nice little pond for fishing

Must go

Beautiful park. Live Oaks and Moss. Wildlife. Great fishing pier. Quiet and very family friendly

Beautiful and peaceful!

Beautiful and peaceful. Great hiking trails. Beach and fishing pier. Splash pad for the kids. Tammany Trace runs through the park.

Year 2021 Flag