Ozark , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Ozark Camping Reviews
Great family time

We felt safe, had a great site and a ton of fun. Only complaint is that they don’t sell real firewood just this compressed sawdust crap. Hit up the shell station once you get off 65 to save yourself headaches and a ton of time.

Relaxing and low key

Nice clean and well maintained campground. Paved roadways great for biking and walking. Some spaces and turns would be tight for larger rigs. Playground has red clay dirt, so that was a bit messy. We did have an issue with our electric pole showing a fault on both the 30 and 50 amp plug. We informed the attendants as soon as we plugged in and were told they didn’t have anyone on call until the next morning. Thankfully we were able to run on battery power for the night (thanks to the solar panel). It was nearly 11am before someone came the next day, but he was able to resolve the issue. The attendants were very nice, but it was a bit frustrating to get there at check in time (late afternoon) and no one be able to resolve a pretty big issue. Decent weekend trip for us despite the issues.

Quiet and relaxing

We spent two nights here in late March. We ended up being unlucky and having 7 inches of rain while we were there. Fortunately, it came in waves and mostly rained overnight. The park is very nice. The campground is pretty nice. It looks like the cabins are the main draw of this park.

Pros: It's beautiful, quiet, and has a sweet dam.

Cons: You have to drive within the park to get anywhere, the spots are hard as heck to back into, and the is 0 cell reception. I repeat, 0 CELL PHONE RECEPTION. That's not that big of a deal but we didn't expect it and it complicated things slightly for us.

All in all, we loved It and will probably go back

Awesome trip

Stopped here for 2 nights on a long trip from WV to AR. So glad we did! Nice camping, but the cave was so awesome to tour. Fascinating how they mined the salt-petre to manufacture gunpowder.

A great campground for visiting Mammoth Cave and excellent facilities

We spent two nights at this campground and really enjoyed it.

When we arrived, we were met by the lady working the registration desk and check in was very easy.

Temperature had been below freezing for several days so water was off at the sites but they had a hose to fill tanks at the office and on the day we departed, turned on water at the sites to assist with dumping and to fill fresh water.  Much appreciated.

Most of the sites are pull through and large enough although I think it could seem crowded when more full than they were in the winter.

While it was closed for our visit, there was a nice small pool, a work out room, very very nice shower and laundry facilities.

The dog park was just a run area but fairly large with a covered seating area at one end and the pups loved using it.  It was also very clean and either visitors clean up well or the staff take good care of the property.

They also had an activity building which I believe may be rented out.

Finally, they have propane fill on site and while were there, the owner filled our tanks himself.

Top 10 TN Campground

If you've never visited this campground, just go ahead and put it on your list.

I had never visited the area before and didn't know what to expect. It's a small state park close to Big South Fork.

We stayed in site A21. It's one of the bigger sites and it's off to itself. Probably the only negative I have to say about this campground is that the site wasn't level. I spoke with the friendly staff at the visitor center and she explained that they had recently leveled all the sites, but the rain over the week prior (5.5") had just washed the dirt away. We had friends join us that tent camped in a level spot on the site. So it could totally work for that! The site had water and electric and was close enough to the bathrooms to see it from the site, but not smell it.

The trails though…. oh my goodness, the trails. We stayed 2 nights, so we dedicated 1 day to Pickett and 1 to Big South Fork. 1 day for each was just not enough.

On Saturday, it rained off and on until late afternoon. We were aware of the weather and packed our rain gear. We hiked to the natural bridge and it did not disappoint!! From there, we hiked to hazard cave. The Hike had so much to see!!! We did get a little confused thinking that the cave was a Rockhouse (my boyfriend got confused anyway…) so we hiked on. If you have the time, I do suggest hiking on. There's a lot of cool rock walls and formations to see! Once we got back to the parking lot, we crossed the street and hiked to the Indian Rockhouse, which was also amazing!!! We did all of these in just a few hours. After that, we made our way back to camp for dinner. The site had a fire ring with a grill grate as well as a standalone grill. After it got dark, we made our way to the astronomy field. I've never seen so many stars in my life!!!! It was breathtaking!!!

The next day, we made our way to Big South Fork. We hiked to the Needle Arch and Slave Falls on the same trail. Both were spectacular!! That trail was my favorite of the visit and with an the rain from Saturday, the fall had a good flow. From there, we made our way to the Twin Arches trailhead, which is another phenomenal trail.

I cannot say enough good things about this trip. If you like hiking and seeing awesome things, this is the spot for you!!

Top 10 TN Campground

If you've never visited this campground, just go ahead and put it on your list.

Not a bad place to stay at all

Nice place, close to amenities but still feels like you’re somewhere very far.

Pros: tranquil, beautiful, waterfalls at several locations on site, views of the lake from every location and I mean every location, clean, flushing toilets

Cons: they close the gate at night but it isn’t locked. Almost thought we were locked out and was ready to turn around, bathrooms sort of have a feeling of a rest area public bathroom but just cleaner

All in all, I think we will try and come here again.

Absolutely delightful, clean, quiet campground near Mammoth Cave NP

We stayed at Singing Hills last weekend to celebrate my mother and father in law’s birthday’s and Easter. We stayed in site 17. It was perfect for our 35ft TT and room enough to park our TV in front. Our site was right next to the catch and release pond. We had a little bridge that crossed the creek from our main site to an additional space where our fire ring was. That area provided plenty of shade and quick access to the pond. It’s closely located to I65 south and many of the attractions in Cave City. The owner, Eldon, was such a pleasure to work with. They had a DVD lending Library and other camping needs in the office. There is a bath house and a well maintained dump station in the turn around by the pond. The camp ground was super clean and quiet. Everyone was in by 10. Eldon provided information about local favorites for food, attractions, church services and information about the closest urgent care facilities. My son caught his first fish that weekend and has been begging to go back already. If i could rate it 10 stars, I would. We will definitely be back sooner than later!!!

Site 32 - perfection!

Simple and small campground in a beautiful area. The sites are great. Bathhouse is simple but clean. No laundry. Wi-fi is questionable.

Great access to hiking trails and scenic overlooks.

One of the best sites and campgrounds we’ve enjoyed.