The best GROUP camping near
Livingston , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Livingston Camping Reviews
Pipes froze over, no running water

Camped for a few days in late March for a climbing trip (no fires at Miguels). It snowed the pipes froze over so none of the facilities were working. I'm sure it's super nice in the summer.

Don’t feel lost

Off Ky Rt 80 in Daniel Boone National Forest, keep following the tent signs , they will get you to Little Lick Campground. This is a primitive little campground out in the middle of nowhere, however there are several awesome trailheads in the area, Nathan McClure TH right in the campground.

Bring your horse, bring your trail bike, bring your dogs. You might want to bring a generator too. Not a lot of sites but they are big and you can easily have several tents or hammocks ( if there’s trees) in each spot.

Quiet and dark and STARS.

Much improved

I visited Pulaski County Park several years ago and it was okay. They have made several improvements since then and it is a lot better. The campground is spread across the hills and “bays” of the park. Not crowded right now and the water is WAY down. There is the hilltop “parking lot” pull throughs , the largest part of the campground spread across the knoll , to include water front sites and primitive sites across the road in the trees, also some water front sites. The trails are varied and pretty cool. They twist and turn and cross creeks and hill tops. I won’t say their easy to navigate but it’s doable if you pay attention to the names and direction your going. They are all mountain bike oriented and a few are challenging. The layout of the park is also confusing at times. I’ve been there several times and just recently found another parking area and trailhead. I’m surprised they don’t have a tree top trail or zip line, might be in future plans. The disc golf will take you on quite a hike and to another parking lot and trailhead totally outside the park. And of course there is the water sports/ recreation. I wouldn’t travel from across the country to visit this park, however it is a nice local place to spend a family week/end or just relax.

Out in the middle of nowhere

Blue Heron Campground in Big South Fork National Park is part of Daniel Boone National Forest, one of my favorite places to explore. Blue Heron CG is on the road to the VERY COOL mining village which is now privately owned and the historical mining operation at the bottom of the hill. Blue Heron CG is small which makes it that much better. The sites are level and pretty well spaced out. The showerhouse is not new but the whole place is very well maintained. There is an overlook and trail access nearby or you can drive down to the Historic mining operation with tipple and boat ramp as well as trailheads. Stearns, Ky is nearby and the historic railway that traverses the same area to the bottom of the hill through the village. So much to do in this area!

Centrally located

Corbin n/Laurel Lake KOA

First! Do not trust your navigation. Once you get off the interstate look for the KOA signs. Your navigation will take you in a completely different direction for some reason.

This was my second time staying at the Corbin/Laurel lake KOA. The best thing about it as far as I can see is it is centrally located to several state parks. It is also on the edge of Corbin south area plenty of amenities nearby. The interstate is also very nearby which adds some pros and cons; pro easy access for traveling; con constant white noise.

This is an older KOA. Very well-maintained they are in the process of adding more spaces towards the back. When they are allowed to open it they have a swimming pool there is also a small campground kitchen near the office.

This is one of the first KOA‘s I’ve been to that has good Wi-Fi. I could actually live stream. I have not been able to do that in any other KOA this trip.

nice and primitive

This was a nice, quiet and primitive campground. The sites were nice and spread out. The bathrooms were clean. I would definitely return to hike some of the trails.

Nicest People You Will Ever Meet

If you are looking for a clean campground with great amenities and some of friendliest people you will ever meet you have to try Callie’s Campground!! They have a country store that serves meals and carries supplies you might have forgotten. They have everything from full service to primitive. Each camper site comes with a fire ring and picnic table.

fishing creek

best camping on lake cumberland..right on the water in the summer..can walk around the shore at winter pool..

A Must Visit in the Red

This was our very first camping experience as a family in the Red River Gorge.

I can't say enough how accommodating and helpful Callie and her team were during our visit. The shop was well stocked, the cafe food was clutch, and the site and campground is beautiful.

We had just purchased a used popup camper and booked a site at Callie's based on a friend's recommendation. We arrived and had no clue what to do. So Callie (yes, Callie of Callie's Campground) talked us through how it all works. We were hooked up and had the a/c on (we camped in July) in no time.

We did however learn that our camper had some plumbing issues and was leaking pretty badly while hooked up to the water connection. I brought this up to Callie later in the afternoon and she gave me the name of a local person who works on campers (who ended up being absolutely salt-of-the-earth awesome and helped our camper be good as new).

We tried our hand at fishing but I think it was too hot for the fish to bite. The campground is easy to hike and beautiful. Did I mention we brought our two golden retrievers? Yeah, that was interesting but we learned a lot and overall I'd say they did well. However we have since decided that while we go camping the dogs would greater benefit from staying with a sitter:)

Again, this is a must-stay place when visiting the Gorge. And you can blame me for loving it;)

Cheers,

Chris

Nice clean campground

Very clean great view of the lake