Camping in Rutherford

146 Reviews of 18 Rutherford, Illinois Campgrounds

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Nice park

Park was nice. We stopped here overnight. Had AC going but could hear road noise from interstate/ nearby roads.

Month of VisitOctober
Monica R.
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

Bo Wood is a hidden treasure

Located on Lake Shelbyville, Bo Wood is an Army Co of Engineers park. Plenty of full hook ups and tent camping spots. Most by the lake. Well kept with bathroom and shower facilities, a playground and laundry.

Sitemany
Nancy B.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

We stopped in for the night on our way west. The check in was easy and the young lady was helpful in picking us a great spot. It’s quiet and very clean! If we lived closer I would definitely come back!!!

Clay S.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Family trip

This is a great camp ground to just get away an relax. The hiking is short but very nice.

Site16 in modern
C
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Beautiful place

We camped there for a long weekend. It served our needs. We were there for a rally that was held in Leroy. We didn't spend a lot of time at our campsite but when we did it was very pleasant and peaceful. We saw alot of people walking, kids riding bikes, people fishing, just good old fashioned…

• home away from home
Sitenot giving away our favorite spot!😊
M
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Mature

We love this place. Problem is it's a State park and the state is not fixed a shower house and dump station. It's been not working since 2020. Because of this, only two stars. If those items works like they should, then four stars.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Month of VisitOctober
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Nice, big campground

A very large campground with tent and rv camping. Gets very busy.

D
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Forrest Bo Woods, Corp of Engineer campground

One of the nicest on the lake. Clean, well maintained, nice spacious spots, boat ramp and parking, dog run, playground. Reservation made on Recreation.gov. Sometimes available spots for one night. Can stay for two weeks in thirty day period.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Close Quarters

The manager Tina and her husband are great people but the camp sites are to close together and we would not camp here again. The sites are difficult to get into and although they allow one car on the site there is barely room for that one car. The electric is shared with another site which could be…

• our neighbors
  • another shot of our neighbirs
  • toilets
M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

3rd time here

We've stayed here for a few nights in the past. We have peaceful, quiet nights, nice facilities, good Wi-Fi, shade. We always enjoy our stay.

d
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Peaceful waters

Very nice place. The owner is working to make even better

r
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Like the campground. It has a trail around the whole lake. Only problem is that the sites are not always the size they say they are. A 40 foot site might only be 20 feet.

patricia D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Serene site

For my Tent only camp site. I loved it. It’s spacious it’s for the most part shaded. It is right next to the lake. I get some views. In the pictures I posted you’ll see what I’m talking about. As far as the campground I did take a drive around it’s pretty big n has a lot of shaded sites. I think…

• Home sweet home for seven days
  • Unfortunately the bushes were there. If they were gone you’d have a better view of the lake
k
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice wooded spots

We had spot 234, big, wooded, close to clean shower house, close to playground. State park is great hiking. Avoid the inner part of that loop if you want any shade, it is an open area.