The best BOAT IN camping near
Stanley , IDAHO

Most Recent Stanley Camping Reviews
Remote and beautiful

Warm Lake Campground

Quite a drive to this beautiful lake but apparently it is well liked by locals because it was crowded!

The water is crystal clear and fishing is popular. There is a trail that goes completely around the lake but we turned back when a snake crossed our path.

There is a tent area, rental cabins and a camper area. I had no signal, bring a map.

The forest fires were further into the forest but the smoke haze was ever present.

First time camping

This park was our first park to ever camp at, lucked out and caught an opening in the middle of the pandemic, booked it online and left 4 days later for a week of bliss in the woods. My first time to northern Idaho, it's absolutely breathtaking The lake itself is beautiful surrounded by tall pines and Lilly pads. The hiking trails are easy for all ages, though the big loop is something to take slow, and bring plenty of water to drink. The bullfrogs at night help you drift off to sleep. It rained 3 nights when we were there and it was some of the best sleep we've ever had. We had a rooftop tent on our 4 runner and it for perfect in the tent site. You don't have to be an rv to rent a site with water and electricity. It's definitely a spot we will add to our yearly travels.

Better than Yellowstone In My Oppinion

I stayed here to go horseback riding (very reasonable prices) up to get a good view of the sawtooth mountains. The campground views from the water were spectacular. sure there’s no colorful acid pits, or buffalo, but there is great hiking, and wonderful wildlife around. I saw some black tail deer, big horned sheep, elk and even a mountain lion. I saw no predators in Yellowstone so it made the trip better .

The comet NEOWISE made an appearance and was mind blowing! If star gazing is something you enjoy, this area is amazing. If you plan to see something special, make sure you PLAN AHEAD!

I spent a lot of time barefoot as the area around the fire pit was concrete instead of the usual gravel I’m used to.

About thirty minutes away there’s a wonderful historic town called Clayton. I recommend taking a day to explore the ghost towns and try to visit one of the hot spring areas.

Close to town and nice

We stayed here last night. I know we’re at the end of the season, so the water was already turned off. There was a sign saying all sites $10. The river (creek) begins the campground was great, drowned out sound of the road. Big sites, 2 vault toilets and easy access to Ketchum.

Beautiful Trees and Gorgeous Payette River

We stayed for one night on a road trip West. Nice paved drive on our site, a big groomed flat spot for a tent, a nice fire pit with cooking grate, and sturdy picnic table.  Our site was right on the Payette River, and we enjoyed watching some inflatable boats go by.  Pit toilets were highly acceptable, and we could also wade right into the shallows of the river.  Would stay again!

Undescribable

One of the most beautiful places in this country! Camped here early spring this year and it was amazing. Campground is typical for the area. Dispersed sites all around if campground is full, which it usually is. Don't expect to get a spot without reservations.

2020 campground not what it was in 2019

I stayed here in September of 2019 and loved it! The camp host was great and the campground was clean.  The water spigot was by the trailhead and and older pump style but effective.  I went July 2020 and there was no host, campground was tidy but certainly not the clean it was before, and the water spigot was broke.  No water.

Breathtaking, peaceful

Alpine lake is approx. 5.5mi from the Redfish Lake Inlet. With a 2000ft elevation gain and some killer switchbacks as you hike into altitude, the lake rests at about 8300ft. Never have I witnessed such beauty and serene, crystal clear waters. Absolutely no services, only dispersed camping—pack in/pack out and worth every step! We have snow mid-June that was up to our thighs on the way up (ouch!) but by two days later had melted enough to reveal the trail floor. Don’t forget your sunscreen ;) You will not regret visiting this heaven on earth spot

Family friendly peaceful spot

Beautiful campgrounds with fearlessly friendly deer who visit your evening campfire. Gorgeous little boat ride from Redfish Lodge

Lucky on Lakeside!

One of our luckiest experiences on scoring a walk up site. We just planned to take a peek at the campground and then move along as we never though we would get a spot in a popular reservation campground on a weekend in July! But as we were pulling up to the entrance of the campground the host was at the sign flipping it from Full to Vacancy…. say what??? A last minute cancellation, sad for someone, but good luck for us….. we scored a prime lakefront site! Our site was site#5 and I do not think it could have been much better. Solar charging was great in these lightly forested sites. Minimal bugs, which is a positive in my book. Water access to the shoreline was a little steep, but worth it for the private lakeside spot. No cell service! There was construction going on, and by 2019-2020 there will be several more sites at this campground, could make the shoreline and lake a little too busy in years to come? Glad we experienced it when we did!