The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Moravia Camping Reviews
Great campground on the Lake

But very busy in the summer. Well maintained paved camp area. Fishing, boat launch, swimming. Large meeting area. Camp host. Play areas.

Busy campground

A great place to launch a boat, picnic, fish or swim. Lots of area to play on the Pend Oreille River. Sees a lot of local swimmers and boaters. Nice wooded picnic area. Basic park camping. Close to Newport, Wa restaurants snd other facilities.

Fantastic people and place!

I been through the area a couple times on quick trips,I always wanted to return and explore the area without knowing much about it and the people were very helpful. Yes they told us how to get to Ross Creek Cedars and Kootenai falls (go early), absolutely stunning! I also found Libby Dam, we sat on the tailgate eating lunch and watched eagles soaring and fishing on the bottom side of the dam. The trail down to the river was great, the boys had a blast riding their bikes on it. The only downside was being right next to the highway but that also made it nice for getting out and exploring too.

Lovely campground in huge state park

Lovely campground with good trees and privacy between sites. We stayed here end August 2029 in site 111 in the snowberry loop. There are good hikes in the campground but they don’t all connect to each other. Nicest one that I did was the one along the lake- beautiful views.

Favorite Campground!

This is my family’s favorite Campground. Lots of fun activities and trails, easy access bathrooms with nice showers. The water is beautiful and the beach is taken great care of. Very calming and the different campsites are separated by lots of beautiful trees. Highly recommend but reserve your spot early in advance because the spots fill up quick!

Paved roads

Busy place in the summer. Well used campground with sites close together. The beach is good but not great. All the spaces are paved.

Surrounded by big trees

We stayed here mid-September, 2020. It is close to the Ross Cedars just up the narrow road. This is a wooded campground where not much light gets in. But, it feels woodsy, no claustrophobic. We were worried about grizzlies but the camp hostess said there weren’t any there. This is a USFS campground so your Senior Pass cuts the $16 camping fee in half. I would imagine Bull Lake to be beautiful but the smoke from fires obscured it in a haze.

There were vault toilets and water spigots. I have found that USFS campgrounds in this area of NW Montana to have some of the best tasting water. It is quiet being far enough off a little traveled highway.

Something for Everyone

Farragut State Park, Idaho Lake Pend Oreille

Several areas to pick from. Group areas and campgrounds, shade and locality. Sites were very well maintained. Full hook up, Pit toilets and a few shower houses.

There is a model airplane field, bird watching area, and areas to park and unload horses and llamas.

Bayview, ID is nearby with a laundromat , grocery , etc. On site there is a small museum with the history of the area , a Tree to Tree Adventure Park and of course water activities galore.

AWESOME CAMPGROUND

Gilmore Campground Farragut State Park, Idaho Lake Pend Oreille

Who Knew?!!

I crossed the Montana / Idaho state line this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the AMAZING scenery . I’m from way over in Kentucky so maybe this is a best kept secret or it’s just not well advertised but NORTHERN IDAHO IS BEAUTIFUL!! I mean, someone says Idaho, I think potatoes/ farmland. So well played Idahoans! I stopped for an overnight at Farragut State Park. The staff was AMAZING! Friendly , informative and took the time to see if there were any cancellations or early departures in the crowded campgrounds. The campgrounds are well laid out in that there are many sites but they are situated in a way that still gives each site space for “stuff”. My site didn’t have a lot of shade but the breeze was enough that it was comfortable all day, temps in the 80’s. We may have hit the end of the mowing cycle or maybe they leave the grass rough cut due to it being dry. Our site was otherwise very well maintained. When I drove in the camp hosts were actually across the lane SWEEPING one of the cement pads clear of gravel. Full hook up, Pit toilets and a few shower houses. The shower house is on the other side of Gilmore CG. The sites over there have older trees and more shade. The general park map is lacking on the hiking trail venue. If you want to hike and in my opinion you do, see about getting a trail map or take a picture at one of the information stands. Even that map was not great, but useable. We took a stroll down through the woods and when we got to Lake Pend Oreille guess what?!! …. IT WAS AMAZING!! If you want a hike along the lake with easy to moderate difficulty 70 along Idlewilde Bay is excellent, it loops around by the parking lots and the shore. Plenty of spots for the dogs to get in and to swim. Once again there are trails coming and going and the trail markings are sometimes confusing but if you have a good sense of direction you’ll be fine.

Bayview, ID is nearby with a laundromat , grocery , etc. On site there is a small museum with the history of the area , a model plane field , a Tree to Tree Adventure Park and of course water activities galore.

Something for Everyone!

Farragut State Park in scenic Northern Idaho is a huge campground that is open year-round. It is like summer camp for families and truly has something for everyone; a HUGE and amazing obstacle course/tree park, disc golf, great trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. There is a beautiful lake for water sports and plenty of activities to do in the winter. Give yourself a week to enjoy this treasure!