No Fires
No Water Hookups
No WiFi
Boundary County Fairgrounds is located in Idaho
2 Reviews of Boundary County Fairgrounds
Really good for an overnight stop

Big parking lot, park with tables, trash cans etc. and it’s 72 hour parking. It is at the fairgrounds so you’d want to be mindful of events (we happened to stay on the night of the rodeo) which created a very busy parking lot. But we were able to see it from the grass field! Once it was over, all the cars left and it was just us and a couple others in the morning. We did have some train noise as well as someone who wanted to do some burnouts near us at 10pm, but otherwise it was great!

A great overnight stop

This place was a lifesaver in a busy summer when we found ourselves in the area with no reservations and full campgrounds everywhere. The county allows up to 72 hours of parking in this recreation complex. Just be aware the facility is heavily used and park with politeness in mind. We pulled in on a hot summer afternoon and a few kids were at the playground. Not being county Fair time I assumed nobody else, except maybe a stray RVer who found themselves way up here despite the Canadian border being closed, would be there. So, I pulled my class B van and tow car into the lot long-ways next to the fence at the soccer field so we could look out at grass rather than gravel. Wrong thing to do. After we got everything unpacked and set up 4:30 rolls around and cars start to show up. A few tennis players and skateboarders at first. Then more playground kids. I start thinking I'm parked obnoxiously when about 100 cars show up and start to block me in. I just barely get everything out away and move to the back of the lot when the place is overrun with soccer mom's and little league players. We stopped counting at 100 cars, but there must have been 150 at least and hundreds of people (no masks, no distancing). If I hadn't gotten moved I would have been terribly embarrassed to be taking up many car spaces - right where the mom's needed to park - in an RV with out if state tags. So, just keep in mind that even if it doesn't look busy this place really gets used and can fill up in minutes. We don't want them to ban us so park accordingly. There are water spigots and trash cans available, as well as a dump station. Very loud trains, which we love but others hate, come by every 2 hours or so.