Camping in Thyatira

Recent Tents Reviews Near Thyatira, Georgia

741 Reviews of 141 Thyatira, Georgia Campgrounds

Misty M.
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Nice location near lake lanier

Took my parents camping at Bald Ridge and we are all living the trip. Site #78 is at the back of the grounds so it’s quiet, secluded and there is a pathway to the lake which is just though some trees and viewable from the site. No bugs for us.

RThe Dyrt PRO User

Lake Hartwell State Ark

The park has a lot of potential. Road maintenance is not being done. Definitely needs some electrical work. Ours kept throwing breakers whenever someone new hooked up down the circuit. Cleaning is slack, it’s a shame really.

Ava C.

beautiful campground

This was actually my first time ever camping out of a rv, easy hookup and nice space for rv/fire/table and then some. I had a campground with a lake front view and u couldn’t be more content. If you want a really good view I recommend camp site 07/08/09 I’m at 09.

R

Nice level sites

Have stayed here a couple of times. Loved it, premium sites close to the water are excellent.

B+J S.The Dyrt PRO User

Ever Evolving Wonderland

Less than a mile from the heart of Helen, Georgia. This campground is a one woman show. Liz, the owner, has done it all and theres no sign of stopping her - to the cabins, the decor, and expanding campsites.

Cabins:

There are three cabins on this property that are fully set…

• Play button icon
Barbara C.

The Magic

This was the most friendly campground Ive ever visited. They have locked gate from 10PM till morning, so felt very safe. The staff could not be friendlier! I really felt safe and the site was exceptional. Private access to waterway. If you need any help, just ask gate personel. I needed repair on…

Caitlin

Amazing Weekend Getaway

This is a great, cozy campground! Major canopy coverage provides shade and seclusion. Many great family activities available at the visitors center. These were the CLEANEST bathhouses I’ve been to in my life.

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Beautiful location that needs better management

Beautiful grounds with a great wadding river, waterfalls, hiking, mountain views & fun little farm. Could be or maybe once was a great camping park, but it’s sorely lacking management, staff, repairs and cleanliness. We loved our stay and would go back. It’s a gem that just needs some…

• Top of waterfall. Follow the secret steps!
  • Best darn ducks!
SiteEnota RV
R

Excellent campground

1st time staying here, absolutely loved it, sites were large level & clean. We will be back. My dogs even loved it!

Marty A.

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Angela V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Really gorgeous- intend to camp here again!

Beautiful lake views, RV sites with patios and bbqs. Fishing, boat ramp, pool, charming train theme. You can even sleep overnight in a train car cabin. Not great cell reception, and wifi seems to only work in the front portion of the park, but the back is where the great views are.

Brandi T.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Amazing Experience

The campsite was perfect and clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The resort was immaculate. Would definitely go again!

• Play button icon
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!