Sleepy Hollow , GEORGIA

Most Recent Sleepy Hollow Camping Reviews
Wonderful spot

My wife and I camped with friends here mid week early this spring (2021). There are only a few RV sites in the campground but each one over looks the Flint River and the view is fantastic. The campground is quiet and not crowded. The bath house is clean and well kept. The staff at the “Trading Post” are very friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the park by the river and our friends took their children on the hiking trails. Everyone had a great time. Can’t recommend this camp enough!

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

They have trails for hiking and biking a beach to swim mini golf museums and a tranquil little creek that flows over rocks that you can go walk on

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

Cabins are simple but nice

Cabins have great views with a back porch over the bluffs (with a nice sunset vantage point). Bunk beds are fine (mattresses not that great) and plenty of space inside with extras that make them really convenient (fridge, microwave, good heating). There’s about a 6-mile loop trail overlooking the river that will provide a good workout. The recreation area down by the river is expansive enough for folks to spread out. Here in March it’s too chilly for swimming, but would likely be a nice escape in the summer. Would definitely return.

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

Quiet campsite with shade

This is a lovely campground and it is laid out well to provide privacy and shade on the sites. Our campsite was overlooking the water which was great. We were travelling through from NC to FL and enjoyed mountain biking and hiking in the area.

There is wifi near the information office and a table to sit outside under a big tree whilst you catch up on anything urgent

Best in Georgia

Top notch camping, easy access from I-75 almost all sites are pull through. Nice store at the office. We experienced a break down and we’re not able to make our reservation, the gave us a credit tone used at another date, and we used it 3 days later.

One of Georgia’s Oldest State Parks

Indian Springs is near Jackson, GA, about an hour south of Atlanta off I-75. The park has 50-60 camp sites for tents and RVs. Most are back in, with water & 30 amp electric. There is a dump station. WiFi is available at the office. There are modern showers/bathrooms and a playground. There is also a pioneer campground and a group campground, plus cabins. According To the park brochure, Indian Springs State Park in Georgia is one of the oldest state parks in the US. The land was acquired from the Creek Indians by the state through the Treaty of Indian Springs in 1825, and was established as a state park in 1931. The park is named for several springs in the area. The Creek Nation used them for centuries to heal their sick. The water from the springs has a strong sulfur smell and taste. I would not recommend drinking it, but there were people filling plastic bottles of the stuff to take home at the stone Spring House built by the CCC during the Depression. There are several hiking trails, and a stream/creek which runs through the park. There are signs about “No Swimming” but I saw several people swimming anyway. There is a large lake with a boat ramp for fishing. The museum showcases the Creek Indians, a resort from the 1800s, and CCC history.

Small campground but pretty

Sprewell Bluff Park is about 50 miles south of Atlanta on the Flint River. The campground is small, tent & RV sites starting at $35/night with 30/50 amp electric, water, fire ring, and picnic tables. Most are back in. There is a showroom/bathroom. There are also cabins. The trading post has a variety of camping items and souvenirs. This is primarily a a fisherman’s Park. There is some canoeing and hiking, and a new playground. A boat ramp was added recently. It is somewhat difficult to get here.

Our Saving Grace!

We were so happy to get a spot here! We’d had a terrible experience with another campground in the area, & rolled in here at 9:30 PM to wonderful, spacious, gravel pull-thru sites with full hook-ups, & views of the pond. This is a great park & professional people! Well maintained grounds. Clean & safe!!! 280 sites, & over 100 are pull-thrus. Amenities: camp store, playground, pond, WiFi, cable, laundry, bathrooms, shed/storage, etc. Close to shopping & eateries for all your needs.