The best GROUP camping near
Raleigh , FLORIDA

Most Recent Raleigh Camping Reviews
What a great place to stay. Bar, live music, food, River rentals an more

What a great place to stay. Bar, live music, food, River rentals an more. Best wings in town and they meant 😋 it. Lol. Very friendly staff. Plenty of amenities am lots of different spaces/views to park at. Its right on the river and surrounded by springs

Very nice

The place is very quiet and nice. Restrooms are very clean. Right by the trails. We stay here every year. The pond seems clean enough for a swim.

Monkeys y'all

Spacey sites, though tent campers run the risk of RV generators in your ear as per most Florida state park sites.

Took me two days to see monkeys. I'd recommend staying 3 days if this is your primary reason for visiting the park. The Swamp and River trails (both trailheads are near the campground) are your best bet for seeing them on foot, but I only saw them by boat.

If you have your own boat or paddleboard, you can launch from the ramp half a mile off the River trail ($2 launch fee) and paddle upriver, then float down in the hopes of seeing monkeys.  You can also launch from Ray Wayside Park and paddle all the way up (6 miles, get wrecked).

In addition to a troop of rhesus macaques I saw gators, cormorants, anhinga, hella fish, great blue heron, red bellied cooters, and one otter!

Love this place !

Small,quiet, and out of the way in the middle of the Withlacoochee State Forest. Only 27 sites with water and electric and a dump station on the way out. All sites have fire pit with grill, picnic table and level cement pad. We had a large beautiful oak on our site. Lots of hiking and hunting if you want it. Way out in the forest yet near to town. A campground for tents or RV. They have a clean, well maintained bathroom and recycling at the trash house. Fenced and gated (I assume to keep pets and people safe from the wildlife). Kinda sketchy cell service. I only wish we had more time here. A change of plans left only one night. And I was unable to get reservations to extend our stay for longer. So plan well ahead of time.

RV parking lot, beautiful spring!

When in Ocala National Forest, we stayed at Salt Springs, Juniper Springs and Alexander Springs. Our favorite camping site was Juniper Springs.

Heads up! The different sites within the forest are operated by different concessionaires and you have to pay to use (even day use) them individually! If you’re camping, you don’t have to pay day use fee. If you want to see multiple sites and ok with moving camp, you can save a few bucks

Pros

• Our favorite spring was Alexander springs but Salt Springs is so PRETTY. At Salt Springs, we saw crabs and fish in the water…very neat!
  • staff was pretty helpful :)
  • dishwashing sink area

Cons

• NO privacy at sites with electric. I didn’t see primitive/ tent sites. Campsite is multiple rows of RVs with nothing between each site.
  • bathrooms are fine. I didn’t use the showers but they were all running the duration of our visit. Couldn’t figure out how to turn them off!
Big Campground, Beautiful Springs

The campground is large and the sites are spaced decently. There is no barriers between the sites, so no privacy. It is close to the road so you do hear road noise. The bathrooms weren't the best but not that bad. The bath house I used had one shower broken that ran the entire time I was there (2 nights). Also, large industrial fans click on when you walk in, so it was very cold.

The springs are beautiful and we will definitely be back to go swimming during warmer weather.

Very nice and great experience!!

Got in on Christmas day, with the gate code and pretty much had the whole parkto our self, Very nice.

The best

The staff is awesome the place is awesome good times great family resort

We stated a weekend in December, 2020.

Started at site 73 (Lakeview Loop) for one night and switched to site 26. They recently cleared out the tree behind site 73 and our spot was bare. And no view but some power lines. But it is the best loop for bigger RVs. We have a tiny camper and much preferred the "Turkey Oak" Loop. Mike Roess campground is beautiful place, we just got the worst spot to start. Site 26 was beautiful. Lots of trees. Private on one side. Our favorite spots are, in this order, 25, 18, 29, 31, 33, 35, 4, 24, 22, 21, 33, 19, 20, 13, 15, 16. #68 through to 71 (68 and 71 are our favorites in that loop) in the Lakeview loop have a nice view of the Lake. MOST have water and electric hookup. Bathrooms are super clean with Showers! Beautiful moss covered trees throughout the grounds and some historic buildings on site. I believe the rent canoes for the lake too! They sell firewood at $7.00 a bundle but you need exact change. We are going back next month and staying with some friends. Great Weekend!

We love the Grateful Hammock

Best site around. Outdoor kitchen and shower both with hot water! Flush toilets. Adorable tiny cabin rental is available. Social distancing is being practiced. Creativity is bounding. Artists and musicians are highly encouraged to visit. You'll wish you came sooner.