The best YURTS camping near
Mobile Medical Unit , CONNECTICUT

Most Recent Mobile Medical Unit Camping Reviews
Ideal driving distance from NYC

Mountain Lakes park is a great place to camp within driving distance from NYC. A fun option available at Mountain lakes is to rent a yurt to camp in. The area, as the name implies, is home to several lakes which can be used for various recreational purposes. There are also many hikes which can be trekked straight from the campgrounds which is always a huge plus in my mind. When we were there it was right after a rain storm and everything was a bit muddy and slippery. We will definitely be planning a trip back to Mountain Lakes when the weather gets nicer though!

Fun place for families

This is my favorite of 3 Jellystones that I’ve been to. Will be returning in our new RV soon. When we stayed here, we stayed in a cabin on the hill and rented a golf cart which was a must have with three little kids. If we had stayed closer to the action, we wouldn’t have needed the cart but we were so thankful we had it after a long day of play. Facilities were clean and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It is expensive but priceless in that our kids had more fun here than on almost any other vacation. There is plenty to do and see. I only wish the characters would walk around more often. We love that they sell concessions and beer on tap. It was a most enjoyable time. Campsites are not dispersed. Will return soon!

Family Friendly

This is a very nice campground for families. Has a lot of activities and facilities for campers. It is a bit more open and campsite can be a bit close to each other. But the place was very clean a friendly.

Nice place... nice people.

There must be new management because many upgrades have been made over the past year which include all new SWE (full hookups) street lighting, and campground markings/numbering. I've been coming here for years now and the people in the office are always pleasant and fellow campers are nice and respectful as well. Great place situated in a great area with lots to do all within an hour's drive. Even camping during a pandemic was peaceful & fun!

Great

It is the greatest park

Could have been so much better

Upon arrival, I liked the atmosphere and friendly service but our site was filthy. A bag of dog poop by a tree, trash under the picnic table, cigarette butts littering the rocks around the fire pit, and the pit was so full of ash, there was no more room for firewood. And as other reviewers stated, these sites aren’t the cheapest. I don’t normally complain but this was unacceptable in my opinion. I called the front desk and spoke with a very lovely person. She was mortified and said she’d send maintenance. No. One. Ever. Showed. Up. We waited an hour and then we just started cleaning it up ourselves so we could move on and get started on dinner.

Our site was T3 and it was spacious and spread out from other tent sites. There was a tiny creek meandering behind the site and the woods just went on for miles. We felt grateful to be separated from the RVers and have so much space to ourselves.

Night fell and the place turned into Margaritaville. The seasonal RVers have really taken over the place and while some have tasteful decor and lights, others not so much. Even 50 yards away from the RV section and I felt like I was in a dance club parking lot. The music was so loud. No one seemed to care. Nothing was enforced.

Lastly, there was a lonely port-a-potty across the road from us along with a water spigot. There was trash all around the spigot that remained there throughout our stay (an entire roll of sopping wet toilet paper and an eyelash curler, guys), but the camp sanitation truck came once a day to empty that outhouse, which I never used based on the smell. If you have young kids that nap during the day, this truck would wake them. I walked the extra .2 miles to the bathhouse, which started out immaculate but quickly turned south with the sheer number of people using it. A cleaning log claimed it was tended to but it couldn’t have been true. Trash was endlessly overflowing and soap was running low.

The loud music I could get over for the view but the uncleanliness was just annoying. What a simple thing to fix for your customers.

Also beware of bears. We and several other neighboring campers spied a pretty big black bear not far enough away in the late morning hours. I’m sure they are fed well.

Beautiful campground

As part of the Thousand Trails group, this campground has many amenities. It offers a pool, playground, and activities that include bocce ball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. We loved our full hookup site minus the neighbors’ weekend ragers. (At least they turned off the music at quiet hours).

The creek that runs by the campground is gorgeous, and my kids had fun finding Crayfish.

The nearby towns are adorable and offer shopping, hiking, farms, and more.

Clean Campsites

We stayed at site 85 in Sunny Crest and liked having some privacy. The sites nearby had some trees providing space between each site. A lot of the sites we drove by were pretty sloped- I would recommend a drive though if you can beforehand.

The picnic table was chained down so there weren’t many options to set up having the fire pit and picnic table where they were.

Hiking trails were nice, good variety of easier and more difficult terrain.

Serious Dog Bite Incident

Recently, we camped here for a week. We don’t ever post negative reviews like this. The last day, we experienced a violent attack by a very large and aggressive Pit Bull. The Pit Bull did not have a collar or a leash and was accidently let out of the RV to roam free and unsupervised. It immediately ran to our site(4 sites away) and attacked our dog that was tied at the time. The incident was unprovoked. While trying to save our dog, my wife and I were also attacked. The wounds were serious enough to require emergency transport to a hospital for treatment including stitches. All we could think of was what might have happened if our granddaughter had been playing with our dog.

To put it mildly, their existing pet policy is grossly lacking. They never checked what breed of dog or ask to see documentation of shots when we were registering. Yogi Bear Jellystone Park needs to better manage their pet policy to address aggressive dog breeds and ensure the safety of campers. We camped there for seven days and saw multiple sites have more than one large dog, which in many places we’ve camped at would have been banned due to breed type or size. We have RV’ed extensively across the US and have never seen such careless enforcement of a pet policy regarding aggressive dog breeds. Seriously, think about avoiding this park if you have pets or small children.

overall, just ok.

Let’s start with what we loved. The Gaga ball pit was great. The pool was nice, although, no seating due to covid. The camp store was convenient and well stocked. the WiFi was really great too. Best we’ve had at a campground!

Now to what wasn’t so great.

We had been Boondocking for a week prior to arriving and needed to dump our tank before pulling into our site. While we were dumping our gray tank, the dump clogged. The staff member told us to just empty what was in our hose on the grass and maintenance would fix it later. Since our tanks were still full, we asked if they’d provide us with the mobile tank service free of charge, but they declined. They did offer 50% off, though.

When we got to our spot, it was covered in hundreds and hundreds of nails and broken glass. Maintenance ended up having to get a shovel to get most of the nails up but we still spent the first few days of our stay picking up nails and glass from every corner of our site.

About three days into our stay, the power line caught on fire and we lost power to our RV for a few hours. Not a huge deal, just one more thing.

Those were the main things that make it hard to give more than three stars, but there was also the small laundry facility (one washer. one drier) , the noise level at night (yelling, loud music at several camp sites around us, a few fights, etc.) and the belligerent drinking on the weekend that made it a not so kid friendly place to be.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even complain about any of that if it wasn’t such a pricey campground. We’ve had much better experiences for a lot less. Just disappointing, but hey. Maybe we just had the perfect storm and none of those things would happen again? No idea. Just seems like the kind of place that’s great as long as nothing goes wrong. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Pic isn’t the best, but it’s the only one I took of site!