The best WALK IN camping near
Plateau City , COLORADO

Most Recent Plateau City Camping Reviews
Winter Camping

Stopped here for the night before skiing at PowderHorn. Campground was easy to find, clean and quite. We stayed in a tent site and were the only ones there! There is a portapotty at the entrance of the tent sites but a shower/bath house in the main are which is just a short walk. The bathroom was very clean and showers hot. There is a fenced in dog run area that my pup enjoyed.

Monument RV Park, CO

Monument RV park is located in Fruita, CO which is only 12 miles or 20 minutes from Grand Junction. Fruita has a lot to offer for a small town. There are biking and hiking trails as well as the national monument itself.

At the campground, we were pleased with our stay. The bathrooms, showers and laundry were up to par. Although, one of the buildings was closed for the winter. The dog park had waste that guests didn’t pick up, but it was nice they had a space dedicated to our pets. There is a pool for the warmer months and it’s in close proximity to a Dairy Queen, liquor store and other restaurants. They also have a RV storage space!

Breathtaking

I love the campground

A memorable experience

We loved our stay at Bogan Flats! We stayed 2 nights and got in late the first night. Our campsite was right on the river! I was able to just grab my fly rod and fish the river from camp! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. Perfect location for a jumping off point to explore around Marble, CO! We also loved having bear boxes at the campsite for our food and other storage needs!

We'll definitely be back!

Has everything you need

I haven't actually stayed here yet but it's on my list. I did have a picnic down by the river and walked the grounds. It's a nice quiet place and like I said I will be back to RV camp. They have water front sites for tent camping and rv hookups up the hill. The cabins looked really nice too! This campground is right on the glenwood canyon bike trail that goes all the way into glenwood springs! Will return and do recommend.

Colorado State parks are great

We just spent a night but like most Colorado state parks, this one is top notch.  The sites are well spaced but since it's wide open, not a lot of privacy.  Cell service was weak but some had a booster and they had a decent signal.

The view of the reservoir is very nice.  Would stay again.

Best mountain bike trails access

BLM charges $20 to camp here now in a camp spot! Free down the road! Best single track Mtn biking and beautiful views!

Perfect spot for tent camping

Clean. Super nice people on the phone and in person. Did I mention everything was clean, in good working order and ready for our arrival. The campground is beautiful, with the Colorado River on one side and peach orchards surrounding the rest. You might hear some traffic noise from I-70, and train whistles at night, but nothing you can’t deal with. Great place to camp. We’ll be back again.

Small but Beautiful

A small but beautiful campground with awesome waterfalls, caves, and hiking.  There are 13 RV/tent sites and 7 walk-in tent sites.  The campground gets crowded during the weekends with hikers and fishermen so parking can be an issue.  The bathhouse has pit toilets only and no sinks.  There are dumpsters and a potable water point.  Great place to get away and unwind for the weekend.

Mountain Bikers Paradise

Hey, if you are not mountain biking, you probably won't go this far into the desert. That said, free boondocking at the foot of some of the best mountain biking in Colorado isn't bad. I've stayed here multiple times and usually find a quiet space off the many dirt roads. Stargaze at night, ride straight from your campsite during the day.

Pro tip: The Hot Tomato Pizza back in town is a great oasis.

Leave no trace.