Plateau City , COLORADO

Most Recent Plateau City Camping Reviews
Winter Camping

Stopped here for the night before skiing at PowderHorn. Campground was easy to find, clean and quite. We stayed in a tent site and were the only ones there! There is a portapotty at the entrance of the tent sites but a shower/bath house in the main are which is just a short walk. The bathroom was very clean and showers hot. There is a fenced in dog run area that my pup enjoyed.

Breathtaking

I love the campground

Perfect spot for tent camping

Clean. Super nice people on the phone and in person. Did I mention everything was clean, in good working order and ready for our arrival. The campground is beautiful, with the Colorado River on one side and peach orchards surrounding the rest. You might hear some traffic noise from I-70, and train whistles at night, but nothing you can’t deal with. Great place to camp. We’ll be back again.

Great Campground

Near multiple fishing lakes, hiking trails and just down the road from a national recreation trail.  Quiet and very clean.  Love the walk up tent sites up on the hill.  Gives opportunity to site on the hillside for breakfast while watching the fishing in the lake in front of the campground.  Great place for a weekend getaway

Been wanting to go back since I left

We camped here one night at the end of September while on a road trip and it was one of my favorite places we found. The road to get in is bumpy and fun and not too long-the campground is in a valley with a gorgeous creek. We didn’t see the camp host but you can tell they take care of the facilities. Vault toilets were as immaculate as a vault toilet can be and the campsites were litter free. There is no fee but there’s a request for a donation of $10. We only had a $20 and felt compelled to leave it because of how well kept it was.

When you get to the campground there are 3 sites to the right with the creek running behind them. Then you pass the bathrooms on the left and enter the main camping area. Sites looked cool but it was hard to tell because they were all occupied by folks that looked like they were maybe living there for a while-they all looked nice and friendly. We ended up staying at one of the first 3 sites and no one bothered us.

No issues with wildlife though bear are active in the area and there’s bear boxes at each site.

If you sleep in a tend the pads are filled with chunky gravel-so bring extra padding!

If you’re thinking about going here-do it.

Wish we could’ve stayed longer!

This campground is beautiful! Great setup and clean bathrooms with running water. We got an inside site but did check out the view along the edge around sunset, so pretty! Sites are on the closer side but I never felt too close to my neighbors. Would 100% stay here again!

Beautiful Views and Nice Spots

We really enjoyed our time here. The spots all have great views of the vineyards and the Bookcliffs. It is right next to the river and close to downtown Palisade. They have nice grass around the spots that they take a lot of care to maintain (their sprinklers go off nightly and don’t allow rugs outside to keep the grass healthy). They have a small pool and decent facilities, but really the views and location are what make this place great. We will definitely be back!

Easy drive. Tons of sites

Had a quick stop over here on the way to Dinosaur National Monument. No ATT phone service beyond a certain point. This is all primitive camping and heavily used by 4x4 ATVs. There are no facilities ie: Toilets, power, water or fire pits. The road was easy no need for high clearance or 4wheel drive. Heavy wildlife area, had a fox come right up to my car as I was making coffee. Only 30 minutes from Glenwood Springs. Would stay again 9/10 would recommend.

Remember to pack in pack out.

Middle of nowhere and perfect!

A long dusty road in led to an amazing experience. There are 4 actual sites and a vault toilet in the actual campground. Luckily we were the only ones there so chose the pull in site at the far end. Extremely scenic, amazing sunsets and stars. You are truly out there with no cell service on either Verizon or TMobile. We were there in October so low water allowed for a crossing and long hike on the paths across the water. Many miles of trails to explore or just enjoy the solitude and views. We have a 24’ RV with no problem (except a few nervous moments) with the drive in or out. I would check the weather though and not attempt if just rained or forecasted to rain. All dirt track so would be quite sketchy I imagine. There are also many other dispersed sites if you continue down the road past the campground.

Beautiful area close to fun

We chose to stay here while many other camp grounds were full.. not a bad choice, the only drawback is no sewer connect just a sewer dump.. so staying here for and extended time may be a little inconvenient. The area is fantastic, very close to Needle Rock monument and we have driven south to Gunnison and east to Carbondale and Marble. We trail drove Kebler Pass and went over to Lead Basin and Schofield Pass.. easy drive from here. Also, the local farmers markets and Vineyards in Paolia are awesome to visit, fresh apples and honey and pretty good wines! We are here in late Sept thru early Oct. definitely a beautiful time.. the only thing bad about this entire CO trip has been they are in a prolonged drought and the rivers, lakes and reservoirs are all very low. Overall we are very pleased with the facility and staff.