The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Plateau City Camping Reviews
Winter Camping

Stopped here for the night before skiing at PowderHorn. Campground was easy to find, clean and quite. We stayed in a tent site and were the only ones there! There is a portapotty at the entrance of the tent sites but a shower/bath house in the main are which is just a short walk. The bathroom was very clean and showers hot. There is a fenced in dog run area that my pup enjoyed.

Breathtaking

I love the campground

A memorable experience

We loved our stay at Bogan Flats! We stayed 2 nights and got in late the first night. Our campsite was right on the river! I was able to just grab my fly rod and fish the river from camp! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. Perfect location for a jumping off point to explore around Marble, CO! We also loved having bear boxes at the campsite for our food and other storage needs!

We'll definitely be back!

Pretty Pit Stop

We stopped here for one night since we needed a last minute campsite. They had flush toilets and sinks with running water which were kept clean. The campgrounds were tidy and there were only a couple of other campers staying the night as well. Located close to a few shopping centers and restaurants so it wasn’t as secluded as we normally like and not ideal if you’re looking to stargaze but it seemed like a great place for family camping trips if you’re looking for electric hookups and a few extra comforts. We didn’t do much exploring but it looked like they had a few nice trails to walk along.

Has everything you need

I haven't actually stayed here yet but it's on my list. I did have a picnic down by the river and walked the grounds. It's a nice quiet place and like I said I will be back to RV camp. They have water front sites for tent camping and rv hookups up the hill. The cabins looked really nice too! This campground is right on the glenwood canyon bike trail that goes all the way into glenwood springs! Will return and do recommend.

Lovely Peaceful Campground

Lovely campground with beautiful aspen and pine trees as well as some meadows. Peaceful and beautiful. Many campsites are lovely. There are three loops. Some sites(1&2 and 6&7) on the Allgeier Loop are joint campsites, meaning that there is no space between them(literally a shared gravel pad to park and picnic tables near each other, and for those sites, the electricity and water hookups are on one side, so both vehicles need to park near each other on that side so that the farther one can hookup. That worked fine for us bc the neighbors in the other site were flexible and kind enough to let us park over toward“their” side to hookup. The only other bummer in the colder months(like end sept when we stayed here) is that the sun comes up behind one mountain and sets behind another- so it gets quite cold and the hours with sun on the sites are limited. That could be an advantage in the summer though as it wouldn’t get as hot. It’s a bit isolated but that’s also nice. Not many hikes or bike routes from the campground itself. Easy drive to Aspen, Carbondale, and Glenwood Springs

Colorado State parks are great

We just spent a night but like most Colorado state parks, this one is top notch.  The sites are well spaced but since it's wide open, not a lot of privacy.  Cell service was weak but some had a booster and they had a decent signal.

The view of the reservoir is very nice.  Would stay again.

We had the place to ourselves

Loops B and C are closed this time of year and we had the campground to ourselves, with the exception of a late arriver. We normally look for dispersed, free camping, but this was good as far as paid sites go. And, Colorado Natl. Monument is gorgeous.

Total RIPOFF!!!

We reserved online and read the website very carefully. It said that showers and laundry were closed during winter, but that there were restrooms.

When we arrived, we found that they wanted an additional $9/day vehicle charge that was NOT included in the camping fee (and was NOT mentioned anywhere on the website). And to top it all off, there was no water, and no restroom access.

This was completely dishonest and I would never recommend such a poorly-run place!

Best mountain bike trails access

BLM charges $20 to camp here now in a camp spot! Free down the road! Best single track Mtn biking and beautiful views!