About Cotopaxi / Arkansas River KOA
KoA
Cotopaxi / Arkansas River KOA is located in Colorado
5 Reviews of Cotopaxi / Arkansas River KOA
Better options out there

In my opinion this place is kind of rundown and dumpy. Maybe it hasn’t been maintained bc of covid closures? Idk either way I wasn’t impressed. We had a tent site. The tent sites were small and along a cliff with the Arkansas below. Our “large” tent site barely fit our big cabin tent, with enough room to park our vehicle. Our tent was literally a foot away from the road you pull in on. We had 2 young kids with us and I would not call it very kid friendly. We were Constantly having to keep an eye on them. Either they fall off a cliff into the river or worry about them getting into the main 2 way camp road that huge rvs and trucks drive by on. It was very hard to “relax” while kids were trying to play. The sound of the river at night was nice that’s about it. The encounters I had with staff weren’t great. A bit rude and unhelpful. I feel the prices are high considering you can’t use any amenities advertised due to covid restrictions. There were a lot of “rules” they had I haven’t encountered in other campgrounds. There are much prettier/nicer campgrounds along the Arkansas River I would stay at.

Disappointing cancellation practice

I had to cancel my reservation when my brakes failed on my travel trailer. I called 72 hours prior to my arrival date and the man who I spoke to said I would only be charged a $10 cancellation fee. In the end I was charged for the full stay ($140) because I had reserved a deluxe site. I had only reserved a deluxe site because the only options when I booked were either deluxe or by the highway. As an unemployed mom traveling with two young kids, I had to make the best choice for my family. Had they been upfront about the policy when I called, I would have rethought my plans, maybe tried harder to find a mechanic who could fix my brakes during the long July 4th holiday weekend.

Beautiful nights

My teenage son who is not impressed by much anymore really enjoyed this KOA. My other 2 daughters really enjoyed the pool and ice cream social that was provided. Very beautiful night skys with an amazingly bright moonlighting. Hearing the sound of the river next to us was very relaxing.

my kids favorite

been to a fewcaround tge state and this is the best KOA ive found my kids beg to go back

We were right on the Arkansas river, so relaxing hearing the water!

Very clean. Friendly staff. Lotsa activities