Moss Landing , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Moss Landing Camping Reviews
Nice spot near the river!

Clean open spot near the river. Store with everything you’d need. Showers were COLD but it woke me up! You can hear the road a tiny bit but overall this is an awesome place to stay.

Amazing dry campground.

Lot of space with amazing view to the ocean and trail to the beach. Free restroom and showers work with quarters. Firewood pit and lot of grass. Free Sewage and fresh water on the entrance.

Very cold on the winter...

Big campground because the coronavirus the facility has closed. I just use campground and showers is free hot water showers. Seems like fun on the summer I went on the winter and the place is very cold. One time visit. Staff is very cool.

Terrible terrain for car camping

We were surprised when we made it to this campground- that it was built on the side of a hill. The walk-in sites may be different, but all of the pull in sites were extremely off-level (even with all our blocks we couldn’t get close) and the roads through the campground itself is so steep/narrow and windy that it would be extremely difficult to back in (we watched someone get stuck while trying). There wasn’t a flat tent spot at our campsite either. Finally, we arrived after dark (in November that was pretty early) and it was difficult to find your way into and out of the campground due to lack of signage. We were extremely disappointed with the quality of the sites here and would not recommend.

Nice coastal campground

Very quiet area and pretty well spaced out sites (for a coastal campground). Once the sun went down there were very few people outside. Good beach access (down a ramped pathway and then staircase). Bathrooms are clean and single occupant. Pay showers (so bring quarters-25 cents a minute). There is a little noise from route 1, but our campsite was closer to the ocean so didn’t bother us at all. Will definitely stay here again.

Convenient to the bay area

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 dogs for a weekend.  It was a last minute decision to go camping and we were able to make a reservation I think only a week in advance, and there was availability.

We did have to hike in to our site, but the campground provides big carts to take your stuff.  The only issue is they didnt have a lot of the carts available, so we had to wait for someone to return theirs.  It was a little bit of a hassle, but once we got settled in, it wasnt so bad.  We showed up after work on. Friday, so that seemed to be the time everyone was trying to get to their site.

Camping among redwoods

I camped here one year for my birthday, at the Sempervirens Campground.  It was such a gorgeous spot to camp.  The sites felt pretty spaced out, and didn't feel noisy at all.  Our site even had a fairy ring, so it felt pretty special!  The campground was also close to hiking, so we didn't even have to get in our cars.  Don't expect to use the trees to put up a hammock, as they are TOO BIG to put a rope around, but also it isn't allowed.

It makes a little sad to write this review as I camped here before the fire.  So sad it is closed down, I hope it reopens at some point.

Redwoods are lovely

We stayed here the summer before it burned down. It was 95 degrees in this redwood forest. I am grateful to have visited these big trees. We had a great trip. It was a nice park with a lot of old redwood trees. Fun creek behind campground for pups to splash around. Easy flat trails to walk. There were Friendly Europeans with their families, Quiet park, But a ton of misquitos! Bring the spray. We drove 9 miles to Boulder Creek and found an epic swimming hole by Cafe  to help cool us in the 95 degree heat. Bring groceries and firewood as it cost us $13 for a bundle at the market. Best Sites: Huckleberry #62 Blooms #129.

Gorgeous campground in spectacular state park

It's been a while since we've camped here but we still have great memories of this wonderful treasure.  It's one of the few campgrounds where - despite how numerous the campsites are - they did not feel crowded together.  Our only suggestion is to avoid camping in the summer time - as there were numerous mosquitos and the lack of air movement allows them to pester us endlessly.  This is a place I would come back to over and over - either in the spring or fall.

Small spots

This place is okay it's just small and loud. It's hard to get bigger Rv's into spots also. We have a 35' 5th wheel and there are only some spots that will fit it. It looks like motorhomes fit in a lot of these spots okay. Maybe it was easier to get in for them? If you like to walk There is a path that will take you to the ocean. It's about a quarter of a mile walk in sand. There is no sidewalk. It is also very loud her with the freeway right behind you. It didn't bother us in the day. At night I had a sound machine so it didn't bother us. Our neighbors ended up leaving after a day because of the noise.